Shure SE535's
Iriver H180
Naiant Tinybox

I also have (ask if you want me to bring any of these along):

Sony MDR 7506
Grado SR60
Sennheiser HD580

Jul 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #64 of 120
So is anyone bringing the new driver LCD-2?  
smile.gif

Jul 3, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #65 of 120
Trying to persuade @headfonia to send over a Burson 160D in the loaner program for the Brooklyn meet! 
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Ok, so far here's our guest list - 4 spots left!.  We may be having a very special guest join us - the venerable Patrick Derivaz (engineer for, among others, John Scofield, Phillip Glass, Charles Mingus, A Tribe Called Quest and Will.I.Am).

• jp11801
  • nikongod
  • bozebuttons
  • jpelg
  • sphinxvc
  • brasewel
  • daveDerek
  • Chefguru
  • Coupe
  • XTCriott
  • Faust2D
  • nspindel
  • Region2
  • Otakusound

Feel free to shoot me a PM for the specific location, and also please let me know if you have any food allergies, as my wonderful wife will be cooking for everyone!

Also, as this is my home studio space, I will have at LEAST 8 spare channels of Black Lion source goodness to go around, just so people know from a DAC perspective.  I'll be clearing off a bunch of space on my production station ahead of time (as well as my power conditioner) so that people can set up their rigs that need to use my source around my console.

Jul 4, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #66 of 120
I cannot promise that I can make it, but I would like to stop by to say hello to a few old friends. Not sure if anything in my rig will interest anyone, but I can bring whatever if someone wants to hear it. First 4 people on the attendance list can vouch for me not being a complete douche :wink:

Jul 4, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #67 of 120
This is brooklyn.  You know what we do to douches :)

Jul 4, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #68 of 120
@MrSlacker: I would not be opposed to giving your D5000 a listen to, been thinking about going that route myself. :D

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #69 of 120
Would love to come if the attendance list is not full already.

I can bring:

AKG K702
RSA Hornet
Cowon S9
JH16's (can try to do a universal mod with foam tips if we can't get the universal JH16).

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #72 of 120
Quote:
So is anyone bringing the new driver LCD-2?  
smile.gif

when did they change the driver and how does it differ from the lcd2? should it be called an lcd3 or is it too small a change for that?

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #73 of 120
Quote:
when did they change the driver and how does it differ from the lcd2? should it be called an lcd3 or is it too small a change for that?

Hey Dave, they announced the change this weekend.

Changes are outlined in their blog post:

Quote:
Does the sonic signature change ?
Revision 2 transducer has the same mechanical construction as original transducer, but uses newly developed, thinner and more reliable diaphragm material. Overall sound signature remains similar. Low frequencies stay flat, but are tighter and even more extended (flat to 5 Hz), midrange is smoother and more transparent, while high frequencies are more extended, detailed and more pronounced. With Rev.2 we are addressing concerns of many customers who feel that original LCD2 has darker high frequency signature than many top of the line headphones.

While overall sonic signature remains similar, new revision provides substantial improvement in sound quality (this is no hyperbole), sound resolution and especially imaging, which is wider, more stable and 3 dimensional. If you loved the LCD-2 sonic signature, you will like the new one even more.

More details here.  

-

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #74 of 120
I'll be in the area, coming all the way up from San Diego and staying in Manhattan.  I won't have any gear sans maybe one of my Edition 8s.  But I can't say any more than a maybe as I'll have friends with me I'm not sure exactly what our plans may be.

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #75 of 120
I can bring my Touch with some lossless & hi-res playable with FLAC Player, RSA Protector, & iStreamer (and possibly a battery power supply if I can source one soon).

Would love to hear the Ultrasone Edition 10's, and/or a pair of Sony MDR-F1's, if anyone is capable & so inclined.

I can also confirm that Mr Slacker is only a partial douch. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back