Brooklyn Meet
Jun 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #46 of 120
Confirming July 30th. Pretty much anything in the sig. Will have a surprise can making an appearance that isn't listed! :cool:

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #47 of 120
In (confirming). Thanks!

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #48 of 120
Yo, I'm in but not sure what is taking the ride to NYC with me yet. The sonic 305 DAC, AT Ad2Ks and the Fetastic amp most likely though. I'll also have 10 or so Blue Note needle drops on my drive for those that want to hear that sort of thing.

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #51 of 120
In - i'll figure out gear later, tho being a 4th floor walk up i'm tempted to bring portable stuff.
wink_face.gif

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #54 of 120
People bringing IEMs is always good thing, I can bring Triple Fi 10s and HiFiMan RE2, neither of which are very exiting. I'd love to hear some high-end IEMs such as FX700, SM3, SE535, IE8, Westones, etc. Or any customs that can be turned universal. I for one will have clean ears!

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #55 of 120
Quote:
Bring your (protector?) RSA portable balanced amp. I finished the RE262 cable. 

thanks, Ari!  it's been too long since we've had a mini-meet.

Quote:
People bringing IEMs is always good thing, I can bring Triple Fi 10s and HiFiMan RE2, neither of which are very exiting. I'd love to hear some high-end IEMs such as FX700, SM3, SE535, IE8, Westones, etc. Or any customs that can be turned universal. I for one will have clean ears!

the ears may be clean, but it's the mind that, well......

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #56 of 120
Recabled RE-262s?  Interesting--silver?  

So will anyone be bringing HE-500s or a Schiit Lyr?  

I'm trying to get HE-500s before the meet but I'll have to sell off my 5LEs first.  Might happen, might not.

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #57 of 120

Interesting request
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Recabled RE-262s?  Interesting--silver?  

So will anyone be bringing HE-500s or a Schiit Lyr?  

I'm trying to get HE-500s before the meet but I'll have to sell off my 5LEs first.  Might happen, might not.

Jul 1, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #59 of 120
Hey there, I'd be really interested in making it to this meet if there are still spots open. I've only got a humble Stax rig to bring along, but would really appreciate the chance to hear the equipment everyone else is bringing. (along with getting to meet people who are pursuing the same hobby.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #60 of 120
Ok, so far here's our guest list - 4 spots left!.  We may be having a very special guest join us - the venerable Patrick Derivaz (engineer for, among others, John Scofield, Phillip Glass, Charles Mingus, A Tribe Called Quest and Will.I.Am).

• jp11801
  • nikongod
  • bozebuttons
  • jpelg
  • sphinxvc
  • brasewel
  • daveDerek
  • Chefguru
  • Coupe
  • XTCriott
  • Faust2D
  • nspindel
  • Region2
  • Otakusound

Feel free to shoot me a PM for the specific location, and also please let me know if you have any food allergies, as my wonderful wife will be cooking for everyone!

Also, as this is my home studio space, I will have at LEAST 8 spare channels of Black Lion source goodness to go around, just so people know from a DAC perspective.  I'll be clearing off a bunch of space on my production station ahead of time (as well as my power conditioner) so that people can set up their rigs that need to use my source around my console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back