Broken SRH840'S HELP!!
Mar 9, 2011 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

freef49

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,
I got a set of these about 6 months ago and I made the mistake of putting them in my school bag. What’s broken is a thin bit of plastic – it’s just shattered – and I don’t know what to do. At the moment I’m thinking that I put a small bit of ice cream lid over the top and super glueing it. Can any one else think of anything else?

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 10
Let me bump this thread for freef49, there's an identical topic but without the pictures provided in this thread.

Quote:
i dont think your description is detailed enough. regardless photos would help a lot here...

Quote:
yeah..please take some. 

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 10
Thank for telling me, Ive been using my iphone to do all this.....

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 10
You'll probably need to send it in to Shure to get it repaired.  I would suggest getting in touch with them to find out how much a repair like this would cost, especially if it seems like you don't have any other options left.

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #6 of 10
I sent mine off for a repair here in the UK after their RMA over the phone. They were returned to me express delivery with a note saying there is nothing wrong with them. They didn't call me to verify issues and stuck to their guns when I spoke to their superior.

The problems I have a year since purchase:
1. Plastic coating around the wiring on the headband comes off / tares open, exposing the wires bare, now in two places - have sellotaped all around
2. The area that connects the speakers to the headband has started cracking - glued it together, seems to hold strong
3. Sound is breaking up when you touch the cable from speaker to headband on the left side

I consider myself a fairly diligent user. Evidently that's not enough in my case... "Built like a tank"? Go, figure.

As for the sound, it's pretty good. The design of the 940's looks more partical, if nothing else.

Did you get yours repaired, freef49?

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 10
What are you guys doing? Playing hockey with them? Lol I have had mine for well over a year, never baby them really and they're literally flawless. However, I do feel that the SRH440's feel slightly more robust than the 840's for some odd reason.

Apr 29, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 10
No I didn't my cans are just sitting on the shelf, I would send them away but because i live in Australia they have to go to china to be repaired... At this point I'm thinking I should Just use a bit of icecream container and some epoxy.

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 10
What's the difference in shipping costs between sending them to China and the USA? Try calling Shure headquarters in America, they're really really helpful.

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #10 of 10
thanks for your help b ut ive just given up on these and have thrown then out :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back