Broke my hippo VB, new reccomendations?
Aug 17, 2011 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

subxero

100+ Head-Fier
so while i was walking through the door one of the wire got caught up and i didnt notice, and boom you got yourself a hippo VB with only 1 earpiece

i really liked the hippo VB amazing for my rap music, but when i listened to trance the treble seemed a bit harsh to me

i got my eyes on the klipsh image s4i how do you think it will stack up against the VB?

i'm also willing to get triple fi's but i can't find a place where it's cheap, not hippo VB cheap, but around 150 - 200 would be good

but still preferably looking in the 60$ - 100$ range

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 14
looking at reviews I think the Xears TD-III might be what you're looking for. They have plenty of bass like the VBs and sound good all round. I would think the Klipsch was harsher but I haven't listened to any of these personally.

Aug 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 14
if you thought the vb was harsh, dont go for the s4.  I have a pair of xears N3i and am happy with them.  I would be willing to try more Xears products.  I also really liked my Fischer Audio Eternas when I had them.  At one point I had the VB, S4 and Eternas at the same time and listened tot he Eternas more than any of the 3.

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #9 of 14
I have no experience with the Xears the previous poster mentioned but if I had to choose between mine and the turbines, I would probably get the turbines.  solid build and I liked the sound if you are lookign for a bass heavy IEM.  I may end up picking up a pair myself.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #11 of 14
the reports of an odd fit are the only thing keeping me from giving the DDMs a shot.

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #14 of 14
I'm in the same situation, I broke my hippo vb and was looking for something else, I went for future sonics atrio m5 with the mg7 driver, hopefully I wont be disappointed and they'll actually keep working more than a year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back