Britney Spears...bald?
Feb 19, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #46 of 73
At the risk of being flamed, I will say what I believe:

I neither feel apathy nor sorrow for her. She has done ALL of this to herself. I am a firm believer in taking actions for one's self, and she is a mother and has acted like a buffoon. She used to be a lame bubblegum pop star, now she is a cheap attention wh8re. There are people all around the world who have lives so much worse than hers. It's quite ridiculous really. We (as a nation) worship these kinds of people, make it possible for them to take baths filled with champagne (so to speak), and they do everything they can to destroy their lives. Nope, I have no empathy for people like that. I do, however, feel very sorry for her child or children or whatever. Sure money may not be a problem, but everything else is.

I say don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out of stardom. You took your chance to be successful in every sense of the word and flushed it...

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #47 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the risk of being flamed, I will say what I believe:

I neither feel apathy nor sorrow for her. She has done ALL of this to herself. I am a firm believer in taking actions for one's self, and she is a mother and has acted like a buffoon. She used to be a lame bubblegum pop star, now she is a cheap attention wh8re. There are people all around the world who have lives so much worse than hers. It's quite ridiculous really. We (as a nation) worship these kinds of people, make it possible for them to take baths filled with champagne (so to speak), and they do everything they can to destroy their lives. Nope, I have no empathy for people like that. I do, however, feel very sorry for her child or children or whatever. Sure money may not be a problem, but everything else is.

I say don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out of stardom. You took your chance to be successful in every sense of the word and flushed it...

I have to agree.

She had this great career, then all of the sudden she went to a professional suicide. First marrying that Jason Alexander, and then to Kevin? Then pops out a few kids and got a divorce (No on was surprised at all that marriage ended, I was surprise it lasted long as it did). The girl is clearly not so savy when it comes to men and life, compared to her "arch rival" Christina, who has done much better than Britney, sure she never hit the top when Britney was all the rage but it sure looks like it will last much longer.

Feb 19, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #48 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I neither feel apathy nor sorrow for her. She has done ALL of this to herself...

That's usually the case for most addicts. It's very frustrating for those around them who wish to help but can't seem to as the person has so much difficulty receiving the help offered. It's equally sad when it results in a tragic event that seemingly could have been prevented. The frustration for those of us left behind is that we couldn't figure out a treatment that fixed the problem. Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to agree. She had this great career, then all of the sudden she went to a professional suicide...

It seems pretty easy for the general public to target celebs as well-off individuals that deserve less help for their transgressions because they have it all and throw it all away. But I don't think we can put ourselves in their shoes, especially at this superstar level, to understand the psychological pressures placed on these people. This seems to happen most often to relatively uneducated individuals who are placed on a rollercoaster of exploitation for their talent/money-making abilities by people latching on to the money train. Throw a horseshoe in Hollywood or the boxing industry to hit many other examples. Perhaps she does wish to kill her career in an attempt to get off the ride?

I have to also ask where her family (especially her mom) is during all of this?

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #50 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps she does wish to kill her career in an attempt to get off the ride?

That is a reasonable possibility I think.

Quote:

Btw, talking about moms, I understand Britney's "professional" mom (kind of her godmother in the show-biz) is Madonna. Wondering where she is in all of this too.

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #51 of 73
I'm starting to feel sorry for her. She probably doesn't know any better, and the crowd that she runs with probably won't help. Reminds me of her sadly ironic song, Lucky... it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #53 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this one goes into a large "i couldnt give a crap" file.

X2
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #54 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's usually the case for most addicts. It's very frustrating for those around them who wish to help but can't seem to as the person has so much difficulty receiving the help offered. It's equally sad when it results in a tragic event that seemingly could have been prevented. The frustration for those of us left behind is that we couldn't figure out a treatment that fixed the problem.
It seems pretty easy for the general public to target celebs as well-off individuals that deserve less help for their transgressions because they have it all and throw it all away. But I don't think we can put ourselves in their shoes, especially at this superstar level, to understand the psychological pressures placed on these people. This seems to happen most often to relatively uneducated individuals who are placed on a rollercoaster of exploitation for their talent/money-making abilities by people latching on to the money train. Throw a horseshoe in Hollywood or the boxing industry to hit many other examples. Perhaps she does wish to kill her career in an attempt to get off the ride?

i'm a champion for understanding an i applaud your post. guessing leads to conclusions, which leads to condemnation.

we can guess all we want (i'm guilty of that) but that fact remains we JUST DON'T KNOW what is going on, besides what her handlers, the media and mtv want us to know.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #55 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to agree.

She had this great career, then all of the sudden she went to a professional suicide. First marrying that Jason Alexander, and then to Kevin? Then pops out a few kids and got a divorce (No on was surprised at all that marriage ended, I was surprise it lasted long as it did). The girl is clearly not so savy when it comes to men and life, compared to her "arch rival" Christina, who has done much better than Britney, sure she never hit the top when Britney was all the rage but it sure looks like it will last much longer.

George??
jasonalexanderlargevu0.jpg

Or is this some other guy?

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #56 of 73
Quote:

It would be nice, if she could cut one decent track.

Well,if you´re not in balance with yourself,it´s kind of hard to do anything right...
What do you think?
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #57 of 73
If it were for drug testing....all they need is a pubic hair or an eyebrow hair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back