Brisbane NOVEMBER 2012 Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #16 of 236
its a high end multichannel hires usb-i2s convertor does DXD, 4 x up to 32bit/384kHz or 8 x 32/192kHz i2s with dedicated TCXOs for 22.1x, 24x integers and a dedicated 12Mhz TCXO for the USB/DSP master clock. can be set to master for synchronous operation, or slave for Async. i have a prototype as i'm helping with field testing. its not really available for sale as yet and if it were, it goes for about the same amount as many entire dacs. being addicted to DIY has its benefits 
L3000.gif
 only works with mac and linux as yet as its USB Audio 2.0 native.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #20 of 236
Did you ever end up buying yourself a set of speakers or are you still procrastinating?

Quote:
You were at the first one. I'm sure you'll have more toys too. 

Now, I might buy a LCD-3 before the event. 

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #25 of 236
I don't know if i have anything new from last years meet. I haven't sold anything either. Can't recall (will need to review the thread from last year) if i had my SAA cables and interconnects etc at last years meet. I have been focusing on my main dedicated music room for the past 12mths. And still have got a way to go to complete for a dedicated ht system. I will be trudging along my Eddie Current Balancing Act amp for this meet again. I might get another pair of headphones at least ... any suggestions? And make it reasonable ... nothing over 1.5k 
bigsmile_face.gif
. Might try to get onto a an audiophile buddy of mine to see if he is interested in coming along and to bring along his Smyth Realiser

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #26 of 236

Quote:
Might try to get onto a an audiophile buddy of mine to see if he is interested in coming along and to bring along his Smyth Realiser

yes please!! although doing the setup for everyone might be a pita, or is it just each new pair of headphones you have to set it up for?

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #27 of 236
I'll be there, should we bring other audio equipment for others to try?

I have Audio-Technica ATH-A900, ATH-A700 cans, 
Electric Avenues PA2V2 Portable Headphone Amp with Sansa Fuze/LOD Silver wire.
Maybe my Cowon Audio D2

Computer sound adapters (firewire/usb)
Iogear Theatre Xperience DTS USB Sound Card, 
M-Audio Transit, M-audio DUO,

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #28 of 236
er..yeah bringing your gear so that others can try is kinda the basis for having meets
o2smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back