Brisbane NOVEMBER 2012 Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #32 of 236
I'm interested, won't be a definite though.

Can bring:
Alessandro MS-Pros
Jaben AluMod MS-1000
Koss Portapro

Some IEMs (whats the protocol for IEMs, does everyone bring their own tips to try them out?  Ive never been to a meet before):
Hifiman Re-262
Ultimate Ears TF10
Klipsch X10

If no one has listened to the Fiio E7/E9 combo yet, I can bring them too.  As well as a Little Dot I+ hybrid.

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #33 of 236
so guys are we going to talk about this some more? i need a date to work towards so i can prioritize projects

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #36 of 236
It would be nice to meet some of the DIYers so I can pay them to fix my headphones...

Other than that, I have a few pairs of headphones in my inventory, LCD-2 rev2, FWJ with magnums (the ones that are falling apart), MS1000 (jaben mod), AT AD700, I also have the CLAS, The Continental, O2 amps etc, whatever that means.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #38 of 236

Quote:
It would be nice to meet some of the DIYers so I can pay them to fix my headphones...

Other than that, I have a few pairs of headphones in my inventory, LCD-2 rev2, FWJ with magnums (the ones that are falling apart), MS1000 (jaben mod), AT AD700, I also have the CLAS, The Continental, O2 amps etc, whatever that means.

hehe youve pretty much already met them, not a very diy centric lot the Brisbane lot, though a couple have bottleheads and crack amps since last time i think, so perhaps a few have caught the disease. if you are talking woodies though, like woodies actually needing work other than rewiring i think you'll be out of luck. i dont really even work on Grados as they are often glued together

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #40 of 236
anyone got a metrum octave? interested to see how the state of the NOS art has progressed, the measurements are pretty ordinary but reports of the sound are positive. its not at all suitable for my rig, but interested to hear it

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #41 of 236

Quote:
anyone got a metrum octave? interested to see how the state of the NOS art has progressed, the measurements are pretty ordinary but reports of the sound are positive. its not at all suitable for my rig, but interested to hear it

There are some DAC-enthusiasts in the qld audio club and Qlders at stereo-net, I'm sure there was at least one getting around Brisbane a while back, I will ask around.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #43 of 236
i'm interested to hear how -60db THD+N 0.1% !! can sound good in a dac. I mean thd in particular isnt everything, but thats GOTTA be audible, slew rate looks very good, IM is ordinary and plots of 5khz sine look horrendus. its puzzling so i'm intrigued, plus i've been pretty critical of NOS in general so I need to be able to say i'm doing more than gazing at numbers

objective listening you say? hehe

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #45 of 236
@PET-240 - I saw you posted on diyA about the waveio i2s boards, I am collecting mine from the post office tomorrow, fingers crossed I will have some sort of setup rigged up (probably without a proper enclosure) in time for the meet, in that case you could have a listen to mine. Hopefully qusp will bring along some classier alternatives so if you're not in a hurry to drop cash on usb interface boards unseen/heard then hopefully there will be some options there for you. Though the subsequent stages in qusp's setup(s) are a fair bit different to mine. 

@qusp - It'd be hard for me to listen to the Octave without some serious expectation bias, but hey as long as I'm listening to my choice of music then I won't complain too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back