Brisbane NOVEMBER 2012 Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #78 of 236
Hey I'm definitely interested in coming. New to this headphone business and starving to listen to some cans and setups.

I've got a KRK KNS 8400, FA-011 and e17 to bring along if that's what we're meant to do... :)

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #80 of 236
ahh oh ermm yeah NOV is cool, culled the cans a bit and suspended a couple solid state headamp projects to concentrate on finishing a killer digitally crossed Speaker rig. but still got a few, some portable, some home, as well as dacs galore which crosses over, thats plenty of time and I would hope to draw a line under everything headphone related DIY by then and NOT start any more for now.

cans
HD600, JH13, UM3X (somewhere ...)

amps
The Wire (Balanced)
modded D10
Lisa III original w LLP
the wire LPUHP (super low distortion 16W dual mono power amps)

Dacs

Ackodac AKD12P w 32bit/384kHz USB->i2s and fifo
Portable Buffalo II w custom PSU and bal-bal the wire as IV/AMP

cables galore

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #84 of 236
Quote:
It's good to have you there even if you have less headphones than last time :). I'm interested to see your Buffalo II portable.

I think the portable will surprise some people. 'the wire' has been favorably compared to the beta22 and several other amps many times its price and has better measured performance than the O2 in every spec.

I've used Zfoil resistors as the only resistor in the signal path (and theres only one per phase) and the whole thing is running on A123 LiFePO4 batteries, seen by many as pretty much the perfect power source for low level components, but with the capability to output 140A bursts at ~14v (+/-6.8v) yes thats 1960W … so lets just say the batteries arent holding it back =)

the i2s fifo will surprise some people also, though I may not have any way to show people with or without it in the signal path in my ackodac

then we have the LPUHP, anyone got any HE6? i'm quite interested to hear them with these amps. the SS 6.5"revelators in the pic are mid-woofers and will not be powered by the LPUHP, the LPUHP is for my tweeters; but they will also make excellent headphone amps. The have ridiculous measurements, great sound and exceedingly low output impedance with high current, about +/-16V swing (transient power will do 25-30W temporarily) balanced input, single ended output. its basically 'the wire' BAL-SE with 8 x parallel buffers on the output.

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #87 of 236
Momji, there is NO WAY I'm going if Grev isnt going to be there !  

(And, yes, you are the only one here who will find that even remotely amusing)  

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #88 of 236
Hi Guys

Momiji has just made me aware of the change of date. I was wondering what happened to April. All good from my end i think. I am pretty sure i will be able to get there.

With respect to gear check out my profile with the gear i currently own.

Although this will need to be updated as i have now sold off my Yamamoto HA-02 amp and in its place i have a DNA Sonett amp.

I also have a Octave Metrum DAC that i will bring along.

And i also will have by then (i hope) a special pair of Headphones 
happy_face1.gif
 ... details provided closer to the day.

cheers j

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #89 of 236
Quote:
Hi Guys

Momiji has just made me aware of the change of date. I was wondering what happened to April. All good from my end i think. I am pretty sure i will be able to get there.

With respect to gear check out my profile with the gear i currently own.

Although this will need to be updated as i have now sold off my Yamamoto HA-02 amp and in its place i have a DNA Sonett amp.

I also have a Octave Metrum DAC that i will bring along.

And i also will have by then (i hope) a special pair of Headphones 
happy_face1.gif
 ... details provided closer to the day.

cheers j

Special headphones? Hmmm

Quote:
Momji, there is NO WAY I'm going if Grev isnt going to be there !  

(And, yes, you are the only one here who will find that even remotely amusing)  

Haha nice. Grev actually won't be going :frowning2:. He'll be out of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back