Brisbane Meet - March 2011
Feb 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #166 of 219
Hi All,

I'll be attending the Brisbane Meet and will be coming from the Gold Coast. If anyone is along the way and wants a lift, let me know via PM.

Lazerboyz - is there such a thing as too many sets of LCD-2's? :) I'd say bring them if you can. Happy to give you a lift if you're on the way from the GC, or near to the venue.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #167 of 219
Anyone coming from the North around the sunshine coast area?

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #170 of 219
Far out guys, sorry for the lack of updates. This cyclone basically raped my skull and I'm glad it's the weekend. I was asked to put in some overtime but I declined. The only good news is that I'm still kicking arse at my job and unlike others didn't get completely slaughtered (yay for bonus).

Give Queensland a break. >__>

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #173 of 219
I would be bringing everything in my signature too except the HE-6s.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #175 of 219
right, OK well I really have no idea what i'm bringing,

definite

Cans

UM3X
JH13 with twag, TWCu, TWSpc and perhaps piccolino cable (probably not as its not really suitable for balanced use) oh actualy they are going back to JH for service, so maybe not, doesnt matter to anyone but me though really, as they are the headphones I usually audition stuff with.

HD600 with a few cables
woody and modded D2000 balanced

Amps

modded FiQ
Modded D10
dual mono QRV08 (needs source with volume control)
Lisa III

Dacs
portable buffalo II 
teflon version Ackodac AKD12P

maybes
DAO power Jfet follower
2 stage power Jfet Circlotron X'd
'the wire'
Aleph JX headamp

Cables

Various LODs
various HD6XX
TWCu vortex for HD800
TWCu vortex for LCD2 (balanced)
some piccolino cables

a few others.

i'll be interested in a head to head with these other cables and I might bring some loaners if someone wants to bring one home as cables are not the best thing to audition at meets.

but most importantly, i'm going to be there early, regardless of whether some projects are finished or not this time and i'm going to sleep the night before lol, so might be more coherent than last year (no promises)

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #176 of 219
Quote:
My list of crap will be everything in my profile except my bijou because it is pretty damn heavy.

Anywho I'll be bringing my stagedac, concerto, LCD-2's w/Norse Audio cable and Pro900's. I was thinking about procuring the Edition 8 Palladium but I turned down an opportunity today to obtain a pair today because I realised I liked the money more. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #177 of 219
better off getting customs for that sort of dosh for portable anyway IMO

Feb 16, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #178 of 219
Looks like i might not be able to bring the SR-507s after all cos they are RMA at the moment for some channel imbalance. Not sure if they'll be back in time for the meet but will definitely bring my Z1000s down.

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #180 of 219
MomijiTMO can you add Dabloodymess to the list of attendees he's one of my friends from whirlpool and is interested in coming along. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back