Brisbane Meet - March 2011
Sep 28, 2010 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 219

MomijiTMO

Headphoneus Supremus
When?
Saturday 12 March 2011. 

Where?
Summit Events @ Iceworks - Paddington. We will be in the Polar Room like last time but we also have the Ice Cube as well. I was thinking of going there for a chat to keep the noise down in the main room. Water, electricity and parking is included in the hire. See the link for a floor plan as well as directions on how to get there.

THERE WON'T BE A DOOR FEE - donations would be appreciated and we might be doing a raffle. If the donations are less than the hire fee, I'm out of pocket and that's that. If the donations exceed the hire fees, I'll contact Jude. Last time he said to donate the money to a local charity. 

Who's coming? (27)
Audio Jester
Camdal
Crumpler
customNuts
Dabloodymess (Whirlpool Guest)
Dscythe
DVasdekis - HeadSonic
Egor_ (OCAU Guest) + 1 
Hedcase
Hugz
Jbossner
John - COEM Audio
Jrisles
Luke2112
MANSON1989
MomijiTMO
MonkeyBusiness
Morphine (OCAU Guest)
Nakattack
nat0
Qusp
RedSky0
Rolotube
scottphillipsau
Simpsoid
Tisb0b

Gear?

Thanks to Crumpler for this list!

Headphones:

MomijiTMO:

Grado HF-2, Alessandro MS Pro

Audez'e LCD-2
Audio Technica: ES7, AD900, AD1000, AD2000
Denon: D2000
Sennheiser: HD600, HD650, HD800

Luke 2112:

Alessandro MS-Pro

Beyerdynamic DT250

Audio Technica ES7

qusp:

UM3X

JH13 with twag, TWCu, TWSpc

HD600 with a few cables

woody and modded D2000 balanced

tisb0b:

LCD-2's w/Norse Audio cable

Ultrasone Pro900's

crumpler:

Sony MDR-Z1000

nat0:

Sennheiser HD650 with SAA equinox cable

lazerboyz:

LCD-2

Earsonics SM3

Amps/DACs:

MomijiTMO:

CKKIII, PPAV2 with TREAD, MiniMAX

TPA Buffalo 32S
NuForce uDac 2

Luke2112:

NuForce uDac

Maverick Audio D1 DAC/Amp

Audio-GD Reference 5 DAC

qusp:

modded FiQ

Modded D10

dual mono QRV08 (needs source with volume control)

Lisa III

portable buffalo II 

teflon version Ackodac AKD12P

tisb0b:

Meier stagedac, concerto

nat0:

burson audio ha-160d

lazerboyz:

Audinst HUD-MX1

Cables/Misc:

qusp:

Various LODs

various HD6XX

TWCu vortex for HD800

TWCu vortex for LCD2 (balanced)

some piccolino cables

Sources:

Luke 2112:

Laptop

nat0:

Laptop with m2tech hiface

What to bring?
A couple of cds as well as a flash drive with some of you favourite songs for those with a netbook rig. Bring along as much gear as you can but we don't have the space for speakers. Power boards are a must and don't forget to bring along extension cords.

ORIGINAL POST BELOW -

Who would be up for another meet?

Questions/Points:
  1. Venue? Same place?
  2. There won't be a door fee, instead there will be a donation box. The guys at the last meet were a great bunch of people and no one was left paying a couple of hundred.
  3. We definitely need the whole day. I like to talk to people and stuff.
  4. When? January 2011 too far away? It gives us tonnes of time and doesn't interfere with travel, school or uni. December is generally hard to book due to end of year work functions. Vote away!

I'd love to know what you didn't like at the last meet so we can address it. As for gear changes, some of us have uber headphones now so I'm sure that will pull a crowd.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 219
Well I'm pretty open to whenever
tongue.gif
. The further away it is, the more toys I'll have.

Sep 29, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 219
Ha one in Melbourne at ~8 hours drive, one in Canberra at 3 hours or one in Sydney at ~6 hours.
Living on the south coast is... cool?

Oh well. I plan to make it to the next Melbourne one... whenever one gets organized.

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #10 of 219
whenever, well not this year though, only times coming up are too hectic, plus i'm moving to scarborough or thereabouts, so will be a PITA for me, but i'll be there. The venue was good, so easy to just stick with it yeah? I voted jan, but dont really care if its jan/feb/march would preferably be late Jan as early is always crazy

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 219
no probs, was fun last time, have to make sure i'm there longer this time though
biggrin.gif
, will have some more gear by then. guess i'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it pans out. doesnt seem to have got the guys attention yet? indeed it was a good venue; was the food any good?

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #13 of 219

Quote:
no probs, was fun last time, have to make sure i'm there longer this time though
biggrin.gif
, will have some more gear by then. guess i'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it pans out. doesnt seem to have got the guys attention yet? indeed it was a good venue; was the food any good?

I ate a pizza, it was decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back