Brisbane Meet - March 2011
Jan 25, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #151 of 219
Will anyone be bringing some stats along? I'm kinda new a convert and would love to sample more of these seemingly "high-end" phones that have proved to be somewhat affordable and satisfying so far!

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #153 of 219
Just got an s:flo2 for my birthday so I can bring it along if you guys wanna try it out
beyersmile.png

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #154 of 219
I'm not sure if anyone else has a stat rig Crumpler :frowning2:

The flood cleanup is going well. The Government stepped in quick to get rid of all the junk. I guess the main problem is rebuilding and many people did not have adequate insurance. 

Bring along anything you want dscythe :p. There are a couple of portable guys. Jriles has a K701 so you're all set.

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #155 of 219

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone else has a stat rig Crumpler :frowning2:

The flood cleanup is going well. The Government stepped in quick to get rid of all the junk. I guess the main problem is rebuilding and many people did not have adequate insurance. 

Bring along anything you want dscythe :p. There are a couple of portable guys. Jriles has a K701 so you're all set.

My SR-507s just got in so i'll be there with these stats. Looks like its gonna be a blast with so many notable head-fiers and rigs making an appearance on the 12th! :)

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #157 of 219

Quote:

Actually i now have 2x sets of K701's (1x Balanced w/Mobius Cable, 1x Standard SE). After our last meet i felt that the representation of Balanced Headphones was a bit inadequate ... now for our next meet i will have 4x balanced headphones (K701, HD600, HD650 & LCD-2's)

Well you wouldn't believe this ... but just the day before we went away to Margaret River last week for a bit of a family break two things arrived on my door step .. well in fact .. one arrived whilst i was away. My Playback Design MPS-5 SACD player arrived the day before we left and my new Eddie Current Balancing Act arrived when i was away ... but that was last week and now i am home :)

Set it all up today and whooooaaaaa ..... using the digital inputs into my SACD player and analogue outs of the SACD player into the BA amp using the new KR 845 tubes and what a sound. I have started with the HD600's (Balanced) and i just can't get them off my head. I will eventually get to putting in the KR PX4 tubes later on this evening which are meant to be even better than the 845's .... 

Am flying back down to Melbourne tomorrow night which i am not going to look forward to ... the BA is hardly a portable amp now is it .... :frowning2:

I am going to have a few wines that i brought back from Margaret River with me this evening ... and am just going to listen to music for most of the night now that the kids are asleep ... its not until you get back to your rig after a break when you realise how good it is ... and how much you miss quality music!!!

Hope all you guys faired well through the floods ... our lives as we knew it were not affected one bit ... quite surreal really .. no power outages .. no food shortages ... no excess water .. only just alot of rain ... yet but no less than 10minutes away from us lives have been totally uprooted ... like i said all a bit surreal.

Well i have a bit of listening to catch up on ... :)

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #160 of 219
Hmm I'm not sure if there will be one this year. Maybe someone has one hidden somewhere :p.

Can't wait to try them from all the amps, especially Jrisle's monster!

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #161 of 219
My body clocked is ****ed from doing 12am - 7am and to get down there I would have to leave at 8am which makes for an interesting conundrum. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #162 of 219
Sorry for the slight OT but i've been having some problems with my SR-507s and was wondering if there's any one with any pro-bias stax around the Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area that i could bring my rig to in order to trouble-shoot with?

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #165 of 219

Quote:
well i am bringing my ha-160d if that helps lazerboyz

hey thanks mate, i think it would be better than having nothing to audition :)

just wondering, how many sets of lcd-2 will be there? if there're enough, i probably wont be bringing mine because its pretty bulky and i'm not planning to get a car yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back