Brisbane, Australia meet [July]
May 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #181 of 408
Oh so envious that qusp will be attending to Brisbane meeet >"< wish he can be here at melb.
ummmm July....Not sure if I can fly there since it's uni holiday......hummmmm tempting...

May 10, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #185 of 408
hehe I am indeed going to the Sydney meet too; i've been down there the last 2 years as well, because Brissie has been so slack till now. its nice to be wanted Yukari, even though I know you only want me for my gear :p is your avatar what I think it is?? :tongue: yes Yukari is that rare bird, the female head-fier. i'm not flirting with a man.

so guys I had to check back in. no luck on getting a cheaper price from them at padington, but its such a good venue, perhaps with sponsors help we can still do it. the room is 400 and that includes morning tea (which I guess we could change to afternoon tea) for 25 people. that includes all sorts of gear to use. all the power boards we can use, OHT, aircon, parking (this in itself is worth a bit of money) what do you guys think?

May 10, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #187 of 408
Quote:
hehe I am indeed going to the Sydney meet too; i've been down there the last 2 years as well, because Brissie has been so slack till now. its nice to be wanted Yukari, even though I know you only want me for my gear :p is your avatar what I think it is?? :tongue: yes Yukari is that rare bird, the female head-fier. i'm not flirting with a man.

so guys I had to check back in. no luck on getting a cheaper price from them at padington, but its such a good venue, perhaps with sponsors help we can still do it. the room is 400 and that includes morning tea (which I guess we could change to afternoon tea) for 25 people. that includes all sorts of gear to use. all the power boards we can use, OHT, aircon, parking (this in itself is worth a bit of money) what do you guys think?

kakaka
You're way smart my friend.
But I am sure melbournian headfiers would love to meet you as well. =P

Oh that's the JH5. My 13 has different artwork. haha

May 10, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #188 of 408

Quote:

Go for it and if only 16 people show up its still only $25 each and I'd like to make a bit of a day out of this thing considering it is a 2 hour drive for me down to Brisbane. Unlimited power boards + parking ftw 

May 10, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #189 of 408
ok i'll wait for a couple more people to check in and agree and i'll give them a call to confirm a date. which we should probably start thinking about setting in stone.

@ Yukari, nice bling, are the JH5 just for knockaround use? wel next time you guys have a major meet coming up, drop me a line i'll see if I can make it. I have a few customers and friends in Melbourne I can catch up with too, plus I can write it off as a business expense :wink:

May 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #190 of 408
I need to contact them and confirm guys, where is everyone? they followed up with me yesterday to see what was happening, I really have to let them know one way or the other today or at least get some final details, but I dont want to move forward on that until I have some more people touch base and say theyre up for it at that price. which really isnt so bad, not with all of us and a sponsor, i'll probably do what I normally do in sydney as well and bring a couple of LODs to raffle off, so perhaps the ticket price can go towards the rent. please can I have a bit more of a show of hands? i'm not the organizer but I guess I have to take care of this for the moment. i'll send a group PM off a bit later in time to get back to them today and say we are finalizing the date, but that it is July for sure, probably the week after the Sydney meet yeah?

May 11, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #192 of 408
I may attend - a bit hard living in Townsville, might road trip with a non-head-fi friend down. 

Only thing I can bring that you guys don't seem to have already is a Little Dot I+ with stock tubes ;[

May 11, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #193 of 408
Hi guys,

I'll be happy to bring along some of my gear that I sell for you all to listen to.  I have recently become the Australian distributor for Red Wine Audio (RWA) and I also sell the Burson Audio HA-160.

So I can bring the following:

RWA Isabellina
RWA Isabella
Burson Audio HA-160
Grado GS1000i

Let me know if you guys are interested.

Regards,

Tony
Audio Addiction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back