Brisbane, Australia meet [July]
May 12, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #198 of 408
more fresh meat :wink: OK well I was hoping for more than that, I guess nobody is reading this thread havent seen OP lately

May 12, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #199 of 408

Quote:
more fresh meat :wink: OK well I was hoping for more than that, I guess nobody is reading this thread havent seen OP lately

I think Momiji is just having fun getting rear ended by university

May 12, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #201 of 408
I do have to say that as resellers we should limit the space taken up by each of us. my stuff will not take up a massive amount of room, because quite a bit is portable or cables, but both coem and you should probably not go overboard. I will have to go in and check out the space again since the renovation and have a think about the quite substantial gear list that is now coming.

I also think it only fair that all 3 of us should work out some way that we take on a bit more of the cost than the others since we are using it to promote. the 400 is for 4 hours and I think with setup and packing up, its not quite enough time, so I have asked about perhaps extending it by an hour. 

May 12, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #203 of 408
of course it is. lol, 4 hours falls within one day AFAIK :wink: I guess you havent ever been involved in any kind of event management or organization before. 400 for a room like this with included undercover parking in the inner city with morning tea for 25 people is actually pretty good value. we can probably even tell them how we want the tables set up and we would be responsible for only minimal cleaning, there will likely be at least 1 or 2 staff they have to have on hand. etc etc.

May 12, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #204 of 408

Quote:
I do have to say that as resellers we should limit the space taken up by each of us. my stuff will not take up a massive amount of room, because quite a bit is portable or cables, but both coem and you should probably not go overboard. I will have to go in and check out the space again since the renovation and have a think about the quite substantial gear list that is now coming.

I also think it only fair that all 3 of us should work out some way that we take on a bit more of the cost than the others since we are using it to promote. the 400 is for 4 hours and I think with setup and packing up, its not quite enough time, so I have asked about perhaps extending it by an hour. 

How long do meets generally go for?

May 12, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #205 of 408
about that, generally from around lunch till late afternoon/early evening. so if I can talk them into giving us an extra hour, that should be about perfect. they only need someone there to greet us and open up for the first hour so we can get all set up. and if they can have the tables set up like we want, that will save a little time too

May 12, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #206 of 408

Quote:
about that, generally from around lunch till late afternoon/early evening. so if I can talk them into giving us an extra hour, that should be about perfect. they only need someone there to greet us and open up for the first hour so we can get all set up. and if they can have the tables set up like we want, that will save a little time too

Honestly, just book the place preferably on the 24th or 25th of July as those are the dates that were originally suggested and it gives me a little bit more time to obtain the Stagedac + concerto combo ;D  

May 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #207 of 408
I need to hear from the OP, he may have made arrangements that conflict with that date, or the guy from coem may not be able to make it that week, etc etc. before I set a confirmed date with them, I need a rock solid date that suits everyone and the room needs 50% deposit. they already have a tentative date of the weekend previous to that or that weekend, but it needs to be firm.

May 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #209 of 408

Quote:

The Red Wine Audio amps aren't too big but if there is limited space I can always keep one packed away.  I'm happy to cover the cost more because as you said we are there to promote items.

Could be handy to have an additional hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back