Brisbane, Australia Meet 17 July 2010 - Impressions
Jul 18, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #46 of 88
Quote:
It's not an ideal listening environment and I need to listen to a song several times on each headphone to really understand all the differences. You can't do that at a meet.
It is still nice to see all the gear and to talk to people about their experiences. I found that Thrawn and I had completely different perspectives on just about every headphone and even dacs. That makes it much more interesting.

Would you go to another meet Tisb0b? Maybe you can just take one well known song to every set up. JIFG's dad wanted another meet later on in the year but I think that will be too close. If we hold one early next year, we might have some extra gear from Christmas purchases. What do you think?

Maybe have a mini-meet?

Grab half a dozen friends and get them to schlep their gear to your place or somewhere like that. It should be a lot quieter and you'll bypass the hassle of hiring a venue, etc.

Jul 18, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #47 of 88
When I eventually get my LCD-2's I'll probably hold a bit of a mini-meet at my place as I was talking to a few people at the meet and they seem interested. I was also a little bit surprised it only took me an hour and 15 minutes to actually get home yet I spent 2.5 hours getting there. I am all for another meet just tell me the time and place and I'll do my best to get there =)

Quote:
It's not an ideal listening environment and I need to listen to a song several times on each headphone to really understand all the differences. You can't do that at a meet.
It is still nice to see all the gear and to talk to people about their experiences. I found that Thrawn and I had completely different perspectives on just about every headphone and even dacs. That makes it much more interesting.

Would you go to another meet Tisb0b? Maybe you can just take one well known song to every set up. JIFG's dad wanted another meet later on in the year but I think that will be too close. If we hold one early next year, we might have some extra gear from Christmas purchases. What do you think?

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #48 of 88
Photos!!

More to Come!

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #49 of 88
Final Photos!

33 - "Hardcore Cables"

Now, stop complaining about the lack of images.... sheesh.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #51 of 88
@ Pic 08 :  I know that Ti knob!

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #52 of 88
Audio Jester do you think you could rehost the pics on flickr or picasa as not all the pics are showing up for me?

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #54 of 88
Just curious. That  is the first pictures of seeing the BA stacked. Did you find the bottom of the ba was getting hot or did it stay just warm? Do you see any problems with stacking it?
Nice meet. Lots of great gear.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #55 of 88
Extra big thanks to Audio Jester who has just split the balance of the payment with me. I've also posted Camdal's jumper to him :wink:. Problem solved!

Quote:
:D  
All that stuff on the trolley in pic6 - is that all Jeff's gear?

Yup lol. He's resourceful too as he found that trolley and a table too.

Quote:
Audio Jester do you think you could rehost the pics on flickr or picasa as not all the pics are showing up for me?

Really? Internet conking out?

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #56 of 88

Quote:
I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not a discerning audiophile and the meet itself was not the best place for making any serious conclusions even about the differences between headphones but it was a bit of fun =) 

Yeah I'm in the same camp myself.  I can hear differences between headphones and amps but not between sources.  I think it is something to do with the way we hear because other people have the opposite experience and say they can easily hear the difference between sources but not so much between amps.  Oh well, at least you had fun and all the gear looks so sexy!

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #57 of 88
Strange if people are not getting the images... they are hosted on HeadFi!  Anyhow, if you want to go to my profile there should be a link to the Brisbane Meet Album (halfway down the page).

If people want the HUGE original files then just pm me and tell me what number(s) you want.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic meet.  It was beyond what I had hoped it would be and I am looking forward to our next one... hopefully by then I will have upgraded.... *looks for wallet*

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #58 of 88
I switched to IE and all the images loaded so it must've been something with Opera. 

Quote:
Strange if people are not getting the images... they are hosted on HeadFi!  Anyhow, if you want to go to my profile there should be a link to the Brisbane Meet Album (halfway down the page).

If people want the HUGE original files then just pm me and tell me what number(s) you want.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic meet.  It was beyond what I had hoped it would be and I am looking forward to our next one... hopefully by then I will have upgraded.... *looks for wallet*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back