Brisbane, Australia Meet 17 July 2010 - Impressions
Jul 17, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #16 of 88
I came home injured. It looks like the MS ultimate mod finally ko'ed the crappy Grado glue holding the driver shield in place. I've been putting off this for half a year and it took all of 4 minutes to do lol. Now I want to redo the other side too.

Well I've got the audio bug again. I have money. Oh crap...

Jul 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #17 of 88

Quote:
MomijiTMO said:

Hopefully the pics will come today.

I happened to have listened to all of the four (owning 2). The HE-5 is pretty different to the other three with a much larger and more spacious sound. JIGF was saying that he's had a hard time finding an amp to drive them better than the EF5. They sounded good to me out of the EC Balancing Act but I never got a chance to listen to the EF5 :p. The other thing that was interesting was how smooth the HE-5 was compared to say a RS-1. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to say how unimpressed I was with the W5000. Jrisles was saying that he was pretty disappointed at first but over time began to appreciate them. I have a similar experience with my AD2000s. Must be an AT thing :p.

The time really does fly. 10:30 to 5:30 felt like 2 hours. The room was probably the right size for the amount of people but it was pretty hard to do any critical listening (noise). 

It's tomorrow, so who had the cameras...

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #21 of 88

Quote:

It's tomorrow, so who had the cameras...

Let's see. Audio Jester, Thrawn7, JIFG... :p

Quote:
Quote:

It's ok don't stress. I can look after all that excess money for you, consider it a safe investment for your (my) future?
On a more serious note I too am awaiting pictures. Go go camera fiends !

lol let me think about that :p

Quote:
HD800 perhaps?

Or T1. Or amp time. Hmmm

Quote:
Well I came off more confused than I was before, but had a good time regardless!

Hehe, it's not an ideal listening environment so you can only learn so much from the meet.

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #22 of 88
any STAX or LCD-2s there?
biggrin.gif

would love to hear a comparison of those to the HD800s and T1s

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #26 of 88

Hey guys, I will start by thanking Niall and whoever that was involved in the organization of such a great and healthy event; and thanks to all the members that put so much effort into bringing such amazing gear, truly hope it repeats. Everyone from the girl with the incredible body two tables from where some of us ate to the workers driving a truck into the parking were great.

I will post pics first, then I'll post my thoughts when I get time to summarise them. Please excuse the lousy photography, and please identify the ones I am not sure about. They are in chronological order.

Left to right: tisb0b, momijitmo, some guy, treble.

Momijitmo's Table

COEM's Table

Not sure.

Not sure.

Tisbob's table

Not sure.

Some guy and treble's table.

Just the two of them, I am glad you liked the HE5 Nakattack.

Moments before starting listening.

Amphora

Put them together and you get a POV of the meeting

Jrisles's table, the best setup of the meet in my opinion and an exceptional guy to meet and get music from (I forgot to take one of the CD's out of my laptop BTW).

COEM's table again.

Not sure.

Not sure.

Someone enjoying the RS1

Some woodies.

Some of us eating and sharing thoughts, including knowledge that John is such a pizza person 

At Jrisles's table

Raffinato

Woody Harrelson.

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #28 of 88
Good pics.
I noticed the absence of QUSP in the pics.
He must have been stuck in the broom closet finishing off the work that overwhelmed him at the Sydney meet.
I wonder if he will get to listen to a headphone at the next meet - probably not - there's always something to build, repair, fiddle with, tune, waste time on, or desecrate.

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #29 of 88
Thanks to Niall for putting together the meet. It was a great event with a good turnout :) was very cool that we had a few guys travel great distances to get to the meet.

My favourite pair of headphones are still the HD650, I always seem to go back to them. Favourite setup would be Jeff's, his Eddie Current Balancing Act amplifier was simply amazing. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to try it running balanced headphones, maybe next time :)

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #30 of 88

Quote:
Good pics.
I noticed the absence of QUSP in the pics.
He must have been stuck in the broom closet finishing off the work that overwhelmed him at the Sydney meet.
I wonder if he will get to listen to a headphone at the next meet - probably not - there's always something to build, repair, fiddle with, tune, waste time on, or desecrate.

I think QUSP came towards the end of the meet, so he didn't get any photo ops. Was able to try using a USB DAC with his iPad, pretty cool stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back