Brief Odac impressions
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,397 of 2,018
Quote:
Hi.
I've just finished reading this whole thread :)
My ODAC has been sent on monday so I expect get it soon. 

I have 2 more questions:

1. Can anyone recommend me some short 3.5mm-3.5mm cable to connect my ODAC with O2?
I plan to set ODAC on top of my O2 amp so the cable should be just a few cm long.

2. There is not much in this thread about ODAC - O2 - HD600 config.
Does anyone has any experience with it? My currect setup is Xonar Essence ST - O2 - HD600. 

Thanks. 

http://www.headphone.com/accessories/cardas-6-inch-mini-to-mini-cable.php

That is the cable i use. It works great :) 

~M

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #1,401 of 2,018
It is connected both to the amp and the pc. The AC/AC adapter and headphones are connected to the amp as well. 
It's just sitting there and waiting for me to use it :)
The squeak is gone once I unplug the USB cable.

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #1,402 of 2,018
It is completely normal. Happens to mine when connected to a desktop PC too. Not when using it with my laptop though.
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #1,404 of 2,018
Some pcs.....still have power on the usb port even when its shut down...i see this on several pcs...mostly homebrew diy types....I shut down the pc and still see lights on etc...unplug from the wall and the power goes off....design flaw.

Alex

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #1,408 of 2,018
Usually the wake up from usb allows a system that is NOT powered off, to come back to life from a suspended state like hibernate or S3 etc...

Depending on the bios implementation and motherboard it may or may not be there to turn off or on.

Check with the vendor of your pc, or motheboard OEM.

Depending on what you want would determine to accept the default action or to change etc..

What I specifically was talking to was with a PC , a desktop in particular that is a DIY system i put together a few yrs old that even when powered off I see lights still on the system.
These only go off if I unplug the desktop from the ac outlet.

Its nothing to do with the USB wake up 'feature'...in my case...the usb port has 5vdc there but no wake up.

Aint technology wonderful.....I always shut down my systems when i am not using them...dont want them online 24/7.

Alex

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #1,409 of 2,018
Question: Is it worth getting the Odac if I am only going to be listening to music through hi end speakers? I will be never be using headphones. Sound is going out from a PC realtek card right now, and it sounds fine to me. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #1,410 of 2,018
Quote:
Question: Is it worth getting the Odac if I am only going to be listening to music through hi end speakers? I will be never be using headphones. Sound is going out from a PC realtek card right now, and it sounds fine to me. 

How high end are we talking?

It's real hard to say, if you don't hear any problems with you PC.. it might not make a lick of difference, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back