Brief Bifrost impressions.
Jul 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Mr.Tom

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All, My Schiit Bifrost came in this morning. So far so good. My fears have been relieved, as it's not a harsh, bright or cold, as some have roported.

It's Smooooooth as silk! A beautiful stage with just the correct amount of detail. It passed the Boston(first two albums)test. Supertramp has never sounded so good.

Yello jumps out of the cans and surrounds one in audio love.

And I hear this thing needs a long burn-in. I'm at 3 hour and it sounds Great!

Buying a B-Stock direct @ $300. is the way to go! Thing looks brand new.

Jul 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 16
Jul 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
I'm glad you like it. Be careful, the DAC journey leaves you poor.... fast.

I've owned around 10 DAC's since the late 80's. All started with a Audio Alchemy DDE 1.0 and now
[size=inherit]
my journey has come to an end, as I've crossed a rainbow bridge and now listen with the Gods.
[/size]

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
Hi All, My Schiit Bifrost came in this morning. So far so good. My fears have been relieved, as it's not a harsh, bright or cold, as some have roported.

It's Smooooooth as silk! A beautiful stage with just the correct amount of detail. It passed the Boston(first two albums)test. Supertramp has never sounded so good.

Yello jumps out of the cans and surrounds one in audio love.

And I hear this thing needs a long burn-in. I'm at 3 hour and it sounds Great!

Buying a B-Stock direct @ $300. is the way to go! Thing looks brand new.

That's great to hear. I actually just picked up a B-stock bifrost with USB directlyt from Schiit for $100 more. My impressions are about the same as yours. Hoping to see more improvements with more burn in.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
I'm glad you like it. Be careful, the DAC journey leaves you poor.... fast.

Hahaha it does. Went from no DAC-->FiiO E17 ($130)-->Bifrost ($400)

Good thing i was able to sell my E17 for a decent amount.

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 16
I've owned around 10 DAC's since the late 80's. All started with a Audio Alchemy DDE 1.0 and now

[size=inherit]

my journey has come to an end, as I've crossed a rainbow bridge and now listen with the Gods.

[tr] [/tr]
[/size]

You make me want to order the Bifrost now!

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
You make me want to order the Bifrost now!

Here
wink_face.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #11 of 16
Just asked Jason about it, and he sent me a PP invoice. I payed it, and a few hours later it was shipped.

I cant find any reason to not buy there b-stock, as my two units arrived as new.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
How do you go about ordering b-stock? Are there any limitations?

Send Schiit an email. USB version is $399 and non usb is $300 i suppose. Although non-refundable the good thing is that the units come with 5-year warranty and are inspected beforehand whereas if you bought it off a member of the forum it may or may not have some issues and dealing with warranty related issues might be a hassle.

Initially i intended to purchase a unit off the for sale forum and have the seller send it to Schiit to add USB and then send it back to me (i live in canada so shipping is crazy expensive) but unfortunately Schiit won't allow it since it might cause complications so they recommended me to pick up a B-stock unit and that's exactly what i did. Fantastic little unit and a big step up from the Fiio E17.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Just asked Jason about it, and he sent me a PP invoice. I payed it, and a few hours later it was shipped.

I cant find any reason to not buy there b-stock, as my two units arrived as new.

Schiit's got some great service eh. All my e-mails were promptly responded in less than an hour and upon making payment my unit was sent out in a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back