Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Dec 26, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #1,666 of 2,720
Hi everyone,

I received as a gift recently the Shure SRH240 headphones. I know they are simply good, and maybe not even mid tier phones, but hey, I am enjoying them a lot!

I have been in the past a lot into tube amps, TTs and LPs, so I am kind of new into the headphones world.

Can I use the Indeed G2 with the SRH240's? They are low impedance, so I dont know how that would work.

Or maybe I should simply wait and buy one of those Fiio products?

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #1,668 of 2,720

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I received as a gift recently the Shure SRH240 headphones. I know they are simply good, and maybe not even mid tier phones, but hey, I am enjoying them a lot!

I have been in the past a lot into tube amps, TTs and LPs, so I am kind of new into the headphones world.

Can I use the Indeed G2 with the SRH240's? They are low impedance, so I dont know how that would work.

Thanks!

I'm be better to go solid state.

Quote:
I was just wondering if the v2 is exactly like the slightly more expensive "ocean" except for the casing.

I would like to see the inside of the Bravo Ocean.

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #1,669 of 2,720

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I'm going to "guess" solid state would be a better choice.

Also check the forum threads at the Rockgrotto website, they have threads dedicated to these tube amps.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,670 of 2,720
The G2 is a better amp stock for stock than the V2 bravo or ocean. And 38ohm is on the limit for the g2 but it will power them fine. Still needs modding though to be a decent amp.

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #1,673 of 2,720
Yes... And it's a big must do.
The stock chinese tubes are too bad.
There's  a lot of good options and prices for 12AU7 and 12AU7A tubes.
Just look Ebay's lists for exemple.
Read this small guides:
http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ta/nostubes_e.html
http://hktubeaudio.homestead.com/files/Best_of_the_Best_12AU7.htm

darthsmile.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,674 of 2,720
I see the Bravo Ocean has pre amp outs on it. Just curious can you feed a cd player into it and run it directly into the cd input on your receiver? I want to add a little tube warmth to the sound without adding too much distortion.  

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #1,676 of 2,720

Quote:
Hi guys, I just just received my V2 today with a 17AU7 tube and I was wondering if i can swap the tube to get a thicker bass and a warmer sound.

Thx 
Hyy

Yes you can do tube rolling with the Bravo, I find clear top RCA's to provide a bit warmth to the bass spectrum. Mullards and Sylvania's are your best choice of branded tubes to obtain that thicker bass and warmer sound, Mullards will have a sparkly high end. If you want one of the best tubes that the Bravo can accomodate that is still in production will be the Sophia Electric Grade A 12AU7 tube, I have one and the sound is phenomenal, its like the best of all worlds of Mullards, Sylvania and RCA added together.

Quote:
Yes... And it's a big must do.
The stock chinese tubes are too bad.

To be honest, the stock tube isn't that bad, it is bit rolled off with the mids and high's once you have more complex tracks playing from your favourite vocal album with a bass hump. For a $50 tube amp with a huge potential to be a killer when its modded (follow threads at RockGrotto) you can't expect a budget tube amp to come with $20-100 branded NOS tubes can you? Then it will be a totally different priced little unit. So your statement there is a bit too off point.

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #1,677 of 2,720

Quote:
I am going to buy some cheap tube amp.

Better go with Bravo Audio Ocean, or Little Dot I?

It will be use with HD598 and DT990.

Skip both and go for the Little Dot MK2 minimum recommended as I've had the experience with pairing different amp's in general with the DT990 and HD558 (similar to the 598) when it was in my possession. The LD1 is muddy and rolled off, and performance for money, my Bravo v2 modded tube amp best's the LD1 easily. The Ocean I'm not so sure but I doubt it is any big of a difference between it and the LD1.

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #1,679 of 2,720

Quote:

Skip both and go for the Little Dot MK2 minimum recommended as I've had the experience with pairing different amp's in general with the DT990 and HD558 (similar to the 598) when it was in my possession. The LD1 is muddy and rolled off, and performance for money, my Bravo v2 modded tube amp best's the LD1 easily. The Ocean I'm not so sure but I doubt it is any big of a difference between it and the LD1.

Is the bravo v2 really usable as a preamp? Have you tried it with your active monitors?

"[size=large][size=14pt][size=large][size=10pt]it can also connect with power amplifier such as a high performance pre amplifier to improve your Hi Fi system. blah blah"[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #1,680 of 2,720

Quote:

Is the bravo v2 really usable as a preamp? Have you tried it with your active monitors?

"[size=large][size=14pt][size=large][size=10pt]it can also connect with power amplifier such as a high performance pre amplifier to improve your Hi Fi system. blah blah"[/size][/size][/size][/size]

I haven't tried so I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back