Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Feb 27, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #1,456 of 2,720
I ordered my parts from mouser...

1qty 647-UVZ1V472MHD      4700uF cap

2qty 647-UVY1E222MHD     2200uF caps

2qty 844-IRL530PBF Mosfets / drastically extends the amps frequency response compared to the irf630's

2qty 652-3362P-1-502TLF Bourns trim pots

The caps are standard nichicons which are VERY good caps.

The knob I ordered from China / I bought about 15 of them back in the day. You can buy them from ebay. Had to drill it out a bit to fit the alps shaft, but not much. Just a few thou. Slightly off-center but no biggie as I never use the knob.

I would also add 2qty of 1K 1/4W resistors to place across the pots.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #1,457 of 2,720
How do you get the old knob off?
confused.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #1,459 of 2,720
Got a problem last night with my bravo...
frown.gif

Suddenly I heard some pops on my cans plugged into the bravo, and then the volume decreased around 50%.
All i can notice is the red LED has gone. I know that this red LED is part of the circuit design (not only for power indicator or accessory)
I measured the voltage across the LED, around 7.7V.
Any suggestion to fix this?
confused.gif

What is the spec of this LED anyway?

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #1,460 of 2,720
What's up with these auctions? Seems like some guys are bidding on these amps day in and day out, I saw some guy with almost 1000 bids on these amps.
Are there any other resellers than eBay that I'm missing?

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #1,462 of 2,720

Quote:
What's up with these auctions? Seems like some guys are bidding on these amps day in and day out, I saw some guy with almost 1000 bids on these amps.
Are there any other resellers than eBay that I'm missing?

Probably a shill bidder because if they sold at TRUE market value they would sell for $15 a piece.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #1,463 of 2,720
Exactly, they bid on their own amps on an other account. but sometimes they forget. take your time and you'll win one at a good price.
Use gixen.com :wink:

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #1,464 of 2,720
were you able to remedy this problem?
i have to put my power cable in at an angle and make sure it keeps tension (toothpick!).  
it's not making proper contact.  i think i might try bending the contact pins in the d/c input socket.

Quote:
Everything seems to work although the power input socket is wobbly (need the put the plug in just right for it to hold power) 

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #1,466 of 2,720

Quote:
Got a problem last night with my bravo...
frown.gif

Suddenly I heard some pops on my cans plugged into the bravo, and then the volume decreased around 50%.
All i can notice is the red LED has gone. I know that this red LED is part of the circuit design (not only for power indicator or accessory)
I measured the voltage across the LED, around 7.7V.
Any suggestion to fix this?
confused.gif

What is the spec of this LED anyway?

Replaced the red LED, no luck.
I've also found that the left 2N3906 pins are all shorted...
(well actually before that I found that the 5k trimpot has no resistance, but after I desolder it, it works well) 
Does it mean the transistor is also broken? :frowning2:

Need helps guys.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #1,468 of 2,720

Quote:
Has anyone put theirs in a metal box with closed sides?

Why?  That's gonna get hot quick.  I actually have a fan blowing on mine some of the time.

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #1,470 of 2,720

Quote:
were you able to remedy this problem?
i have to put my power cable in at an angle and make sure it keeps tension (toothpick!).  
it's not making proper contact.  i think i might try bending the contact pins in the d/c input socket.

I haven't found a solution yet. I just angle it right and then try to keep it balanced without touching it. :) Ridiculous actually... 

I received a nice package from Garage1217 with his spare parts! Now all I need is some DIY skills to let the modding commence! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back