Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #5,941 of 6,668
Get an Angie, or even a Rosie, or any of a number of other iems.  Other people will have other suggestions.  Figure out who likes the sound sig you like, and then go from there.

Why the 240?  It sounds just slightly better (if that) than a 120ll for more money.  

You're right, it would be very difficult to be dissapointed by something that LITERALLY costs as much as a High-End Desktop.

These are things that you over think then you begin to underestimate the real sound.

Also, when the 240 is in a bargain, the prices are very similar to the 120ii

So might as well get the fancier one, they're basically the same price when they're cheap anyway.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #5,942 of 6,668
True about the prices if they are close, but there ARE differences between them.  I did a lot of reading up on the 240, lots of posts re issues with them.  The 120ll is a workhorse, basically people don't like the large font on the Home screen.  And a few mention occasional buffering issues (never had them myself).  Take a good long look at the 240 threads and see if you like what you read (I haven't read them recently, but a year or more ago I was cruising them).  Or maybe people just complained more because they were just so expensive (at the time) and they thought the 240 should be perfect.  

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #5,943 of 6,668
The AK120II and the AK240 sound very similar but the AK240 is ever so slightly warmer sounding, with a little more oomph in the bass when the music calls for it. The 120II is (imho) the better looking of the two, while the 240 is nicer to hold.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #5,945 of 6,668
Can anyone please point me in the right direction to obtain a balanced 2.5mm to SE 3.5mm (or full size), so that I can use a balanced IEM cable with the AK and use the same cable with the TRS adapter for other devices?  I did find one in the US (Norne Audio), but I was hoping I could get one here in Europe. Thanks...

Feb 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #5,948 of 6,668
Can anyone please point me in the right direction to obtain a balanced 2.5mm to SE 3.5mm (or full size), so that I can use a balanced IEM cable with the AK and use the same cable with the TRS adapter for other devices?  I did find one in the US (Norne Audio), but I was hoping I could get one here in Europe. Thanks...

Norne's is the only one I've seen like that. I've been thinking about buying one myself. I hate all the cable swapping. But $60 is a lot for a small adapter.

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #5,950 of 6,668

ALO also sells these adapters (they already are selling small quantities via audiogarden in France, but will gain some more shops in another european country soon)

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #5,952 of 6,668
  I got one from null-audio. Much cheaper than Norme.

Thanks - that one looks perfect, but I can't get their website to work in calculating the shipping cost to UK...
... ah it's under 10 SGD, so it works out at about £20 shipped.

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #5,953 of 6,668
Awesome! I bought one too! Even with over-seas shipping, it's way cheaper than Norne's.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #5,955 of 6,668
And... I'm Back!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back