Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 25, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #5,926 of 6,668
  People who have upgraded firmware since 1.12, did the random audio pausing get fixed or reduced with the newer firmwares? I'm still on 1.12 and rather stay on this version if the newer versions didn't fix or reduce this issue.

Thanks!

Both 1.29 ans 1.33 I still get the pauses, had 2 today, other days none.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #5,927 of 6,668
Thanks for your info as well, Watagump!

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5,928 of 6,668
  People who have upgraded firmware since 1.12, did the random audio pausing get fixed or reduced with the newer firmwares? I'm still on 1.12 and rather stay on this version if the newer versions didn't fix or reduce this issue.

Thanks!

I`ve uptdated to the latest FW, and I would say the issue is greatly reduced, but not completely gone.  Just last night I had 3 pauses (or gaps - do we even know for sure that playback is pausing, or is the AK skipping over some thing?).  I realized it hadn`t happened for many many days, and I listen to mine every day.  

On another topic, I`ve realized that I really want two functionalities to be introduced: 

1.  I want the EQ toggle to be on the home or now playing screen, or at least on the volume scale screen, like the line out and balanced out buttons.  Best would be on the home screen, instead of the useless store and genre buttons. 
2.  I want to be able to assign an EQ to a song - so that whenever that song plays, the EQ automatically is applied.  

I`ve really been enjoying EQing these days . . . .  

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #5,929 of 6,668
yeah, I think it's a buffer issue (just guessing) and not actually the player pausing. At this point, I would rather they fix this issue over any features or enhancements, even though I really really want replaygain. A high-end audio player should not be broken at it's primary function. NONE of my other audio players have ever had this problem. Guess I'll stick with 1.12 then.

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #5,930 of 6,668
I have no pausing issues at all, using 16/44 CD rip and 24/X files.  I do have a couple of songs that seem to start abruptly, but that's about it.

I too have started EQing.  Just playing around. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #5,932 of 6,668
I probably haven't had as much time spent with my player since I've only owned mine since Christmas, but I can't recall any skipping from my AK100 II yet.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #5,933 of 6,668
Alright guys, I chickened out from the offer.

Not because of the price (for the most part) but because it most likely won't make a difference with Low-End IEMS.

So here's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna burn money on a high-end IEM, then see if I'm satisfied with the X7.

If it turns out being the X7 (which I doubt), then I will get the AK240.

If the AK240 doesn't please me either, I will kill myself for being unable to be pleasured by the phallic object that is good audio.

What am I saying, this is Head-Fi.

Even if I'm completely satisfied with the X7 and IEM, I'm still gonna get the 240 because I'm a b!tch to good audio and I can't keep my toys from penetrating my tight little earholes.

I hate what you've done to me head-fi.

I used to be pure. But then, they all took turns with me, they turned me into a freak...so much earwax, so many different sound signatures, the brands. The brands I tell ya!

/Violent Sobbing/

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #5,934 of 6,668
A great set of IEMs can make all the difference. And the X7 is remarkable with TOTL phones. You've made a wise choice to get better earphones before you pass final judgement on your DAP of choice.

Out of curiosity, what are using to listen with now?

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #5,936 of 6,668
Just kidding.

I'm using the Audio Technica IM70

The bass is boomy but the treble is very beautiful. I can even go as far as to say it beats the Titan 1.

Now that I think about it, the IM70 IS literally the IM50 and Titan 1 merged together.

I should write a (appropriate) review sometime.

It can't pump me up though.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with them, but when I amp them, the bass becomes bloated, it either sounds anemic or overbearing.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I went for a suggestion that good 'ol twister gave to me.

I down(up?)graded to the KZE and they sound marvelous, the bass is staggering for something this cheap (17$)

It's more controlled and tight as a teenager (trust me, I know).

Sadly, treble loses sparkle as result.

A temporary sacrifice.

Anyway, I plan to make the jump directly to TOTL territory instead of spending more money in the long run.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #5,937 of 6,668
Yes, I can't imagine you're hearing the X7 properly with what you have. An upgrade is surely in order.

Go get them Solars! :cool:

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #5,938 of 6,668
Alright guys, I chickened out from the offer.

Not because of the price (for the most part) but because it most likely won't make a difference with Low-End IEMS.

So here's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna burn money on a high-end IEM, then see if I'm satisfied with the X7.

If it turns out being the X7 (which I doubt), then I will get the AK240.

If the AK240 doesn't please me either, I will kill myself for being unable to be pleasured by the phallic object that is good audio.

What am I saying, this is Head-Fi.

Even if I'm completely satisfied with the X7 and IEM, I'm still gonna get the 240 because I'm a b!tch to good audio and I can't keep my toys from penetrating my tight little earholes.

I hate what you've done to me head-fi.

I used to be pure. But then, they all took turns with me, they turned me into a freak...so much earwax, so many different sound signatures, the brands. The brands I tell ya!

/Violent Sobbing/

CanJam Socal isnt far off, why not show up and test some stuff?

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #5,939 of 6,668
Yes, I can't imagine you're hearing the X7 properly with what you have. An upgrade is surely in order.

Go get them Solars! :cool:

I'm just gonna take the cowards way and wait for your review.

I feel my manhood tickle every time I read your reviews.

They're inspirational, and very accurate.

I feel like the guy on the right everytime I wander through your bold use of words.

CanJam Socal isnt far off, why not show up and test some stuff?

Oooh. where would that be?

I hope I don't get lost.

I'll try not to flirt with audio snobs.

I'll finally fulfill my many fantasies, I'll finally hear Blood on the Dancedloor out of a Noble.

And hear spacejam mashed with gangnam style on the KSE.

Somebody once told me...

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #5,940 of 6,668
Get an Angie, or even a Rosie, or any of a number of other iems.  Once you pass the $500 mark, it just comes down to sound sig.  Read up here, or ask.  There are plenty of options and plenty of opinions.   Just be careful not to choose one that will ONLY sound good with the X7 should you decide to upgrade that.  

And if you want sparkle in the trebles and tight (as a teenager) bass make sure that what you get has those characteristics.  For instance, the Shure 846 has very strong bass but to my ears the bass was loose and it was weak in the uppers.  My Angies and UERM both have sparkling uppers and very good mids and low end.  Other people will have other suggestions.  Figure out who likes the sound sig you like, and then go from there.

Why the 240?  It sounds just slightly better (if that) than a 120ll for more money.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back