Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Jan 4, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #5,401 of 6,668
Tha
That's not what you asked, but the answer was there if you followed my link and yes suitable cables can be found on eBay.

The answer to that was in my link, by following the obvious heading...

It is not the only option and I'm still not sure whether to trust a company that has gold-plated optical cables :rolleyes:  

Thanks so much sir. :)

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #5,402 of 6,668
I'm still not sure whether to trust a company that has gold-plated optical cables :rolleyes:  

I have an optical cable between my PC and DAC. When it came in, and I saw it was gold plated, I laughed. It's almost as bad as gold-wired USB cables. Do people really not understand how digital works?

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #5,403 of 6,668
My apologies guys, I only provided a link that other members provided in threads I skimmed over.

Other than the perceived "tackiness," is there something inherently wrong with gold plating? I would think its only for corrosion resistance...?

If that's a bad cable, can you provide some other recommendations?

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #5,404 of 6,668
No, there's nothing wrong with the cable.

It's just silly. There's no audio signal that passes through that gold-plating. Even if you were living in the jungle, and the regular metal connectors did corrode, so long as the fiber-optics aligned, the bits would transmit flawlessly.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #5,405 of 6,668
No, there's nothing wrong with the cable.

It's just silly. There's no audio signal that passes through that gold-plating. Even if you were living in the jungle, and the regular metal connectors did corrode, so long as the fiber-optics aligned, the bits would transmit flawlessly.

Understood, thank you.   I had guessed it was more for vanity than anything.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #5,406 of 6,668
Understood, thank you.   I had guessed it was more for vanity than anything.

Vanity is about showing off what you have, even if only to yourself. Gold-plated connectors will never be seen, once hooked up. The vain will derive no pleasure from that.

No, this is more like taking advantage of the ignorant. :wink:

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #5,407 of 6,668
I have a question:

If the ak series is so good why do people combine it with chord mojo? does it not defeat the purpose. ie, 2 dacs and  2 amps? what the point??? Just use the mojo with a phone?

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #5,408 of 6,668
  I have a question:

If the ak series is so good why do people combine it with chord mojo? does it not defeat the purpose. ie, 2 dacs and  2 amps? what the point??? Just use the mojo with a phone?

Upgrade-itus!

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #5,409 of 6,668
  I have a question:

There are groups that feel anything can act as as a transport for a Mojo and get the amazing sound they want. Then you have people that think you need to put high end along with the Mojo. If you look at what the Mojo is suppose to be about, it was made to get high end sound doing what you mentioned, just using a phone.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #5,410 of 6,668
I have a problem on my AK120II.

Some of my files are not tagged in the AK, but they are...

For exemple for one Artist I have 3 albums, but just one appear. I laso have some artists who does not appear.

Did you have this trouble? If yes someone could help me to solve it?

Thanks guys!

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #5,411 of 6,668
  I have a problem on my AK120II.

Some of my files are not tagged in the AK, but they are...

For exemple for one Artist I have 3 albums, but just one appear. I laso have some artists who does not appear.

Did you have this trouble? If yes someone could help me to solve it?

Thanks guys!

Is there possibly an "unknown" or "compilations" folder where they're residing?

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #5,413 of 6,668
If they are not showing up when you Browse by Artist, 99% of the time, they are not tagged, or named, properly. The other 1% is always related to malevolent extraterrestrial interference.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #5,414 of 6,668
I have a few artists whom I have tagged into compilations and no matter how carefully I tag I can't get them to show up on the same single album.  They show up as the same album but there are two of them, with different songs in each.  And I use a very robust tagging editor.  If I convert the FLACs to WAVs, and then convert them back, and then re-tag, I can sometimes get them to show up as one album, but a few have totally resisted even that method.  The other 99%, no problem.  

The issue above is possibly that you use Album Artist.  Remove that and just use Artist and see if that helps.  Or Genre possibly is the issue.  Take that out and see what happens.  You can always re-tag later.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back