Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Sep 12, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #4,621 of 6,668
Here's the contact phone number for iRiver USA support: (949) 336-4535.  That's their regional office in Irvine, California, so naturally you need to time your phone call appropriately.  In my experience the phone number has been the most reliable way to reach a human being about support issues.  

As long as the player is still under warranty, and the company your friend bought it from is an authorized dealer, they should help you out.  You'll probably at minimum need a copy of the original receipt from your friend, but I can't speak for what they'll ask for.

Hopefully the amazon invoice is enough

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #4,622 of 6,668
  Hey guy is it worth to upgrade from AK100ii to AK120ii? 

Not for me. The AK100 II sounds very similar to the AK120 II with single-ended output. I had to spend over an hour A/Bing between the 2 to spot minute differences in technical ability. Ultimately, the AK120 II is a touch clearer than its younger sibling. If you're satisfied with your AK100 II (on SE), you won't be getting much extra upgrading to the AK120 II. Balanced output on the other hand, could be a whole different story.

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #4,623 of 6,668

Not for me. The AK100 II sounds very similar to the AK120 II with single-ended output. I had to spend over an hour A/Bing between the 2 to spot minute differences in technical ability. Ultimately, the AK120 II is a touch clearer than its younger sibling. If you're satisfied with your AK100 II (on SE), you won't be getting much extra upgrading to the AK120 II. Balanced output on the other hand, could be a whole different story.

thanks, im selling my AK100ii... if anyone wants 

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #4,624 of 6,668
Sep 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #4,625 of 6,668

Here's the contact phone number for iRiver USA support: (949) 336-4535.  That's their regional office in Irvine, California, so naturally you need to time your phone call appropriately.  In my experience the phone number has been the most reliable way to reach a human being about support issues.  

As long as the player is still under warranty, and the company your friend bought it from is an authorized dealer, they should help you out.  You'll probably at minimum need a copy of the original receipt from your friend, but I can't speak for what they'll ask for.

Hopefully the amazon invoice is enough

If that's your friend's proof of purchase, it should be.  

Out of curiosity, what's the issue with the unit?

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #4,627 of 6,668
I need suggestion guys!
I currently have JH13Pro with FP

I'm looking to upgrade my cable with either Moon Audio V1 or ALO Audio SXC 24 (need suggestion)
And looking for DAP either AK100II or Fiio X7 (which one has better DAC?)
If I'm getting new cable, should I get one with 2.5mm balance connection and buy adapter to 3.5mm or 3.5mm stereo and buy adapter to 2.5 mm to plug into the AK?? which one is better?

Thanks!!

Sep 14, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #4,628 of 6,668
You have to wait until the X7 launches before people know which sounds better. It's not as easy as which DAC is better. They are both top of the line.

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #4,629 of 6,668
Can anyone suggest a good silver balanced cable? Around the $300-350 mark. Looking at using it with the 100ii.

I'm also trying balanced for the 1st time, I can't audition at local shops as they don't have balanced cables in stock.

To 100ii users that have tried balanced on their units, any feedback going BAL versus to SE use?

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #4,630 of 6,668
Can anyone suggest a good silver balanced cable? Around the $300-350 mark. Looking at using it with the 100ii.

I'm also trying balanced for the 1st time, I can't audition at local shops as they don't have balanced cables in stock.

To 100ii users that have tried balanced on their units, any feedback going BAL versus to SE use?

What headphones or iems do you wish to run balanced?

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #4,631 of 6,668
I went with balanced Moon Audio Silver Dragons for a pair of Noble Savant UIEMs being fed by my 100ii.  The biggest things I noticed were the sound stage was wider and the bass seemed to have better extension and a little more punchiness to the transient.  The highs seemed to get a smidgen more detail and a little extra airiness.  I do have to turn the volume up about 10 steps higher than in SE.  Overall I think the $200 for the cable was justified by the refinement it offered.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #4,633 of 6,668
  I went with balanced Moon Audio Silver Dragons for a pair of Noble Savant UIEMs being fed by my 100ii.  The biggest things I noticed were the sound stage was wider and the bass seemed to have better extension and a little more punchiness to the transient.  The highs seemed to get a smidgen more detail and a little extra airiness.  I do have to turn the volume up about 10 steps higher than in SE.  Overall I think the $200 for the cable was justified by the refinement it offered.

well i experience the same with my alo mk3 where the balanced somehow is lower than the single ended

i also ordered a balanced cable for my shure 846 so let me see if i experience the same like u with my ak100ii

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #4,635 of 6,668
It may have something to do with my SE cable being the stock cable and the BE is the Moon Audio cable, not sure.  Could also be that I'm turning it up more since I fell it sounds better.

It probably has little, if anything, to do with the cable. The balanced output on the AK100 II is less powerful than the single ended out--as listed in the specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back