Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Aug 18, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #4,426 of 6,668
i think the sound changed a bit in firmware 1.25 unless i am mistaken

what do u think guys?

Sound more warm with a little more boomy bass, vocal is more lush and sweet. Treble unchanged.
Good thing is when I change from bluetooth mode to balanced mode, it will turn the volume from Maximum to zero to protect your ear.
Overall I welcome the new update.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #4,427 of 6,668
I am always scared of updates I recently updated to Windows 10 and went right back to Windows 8.1. I will let them fix all the bugs then try it again. I have no problem with the FW on the AK 100ii now.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #4,431 of 6,668
Interface is a little cleaner with a better emphasis on whats playing.  MSQ has now been replaced with AK connect which does a better job of streaming and allows control of my AK100ii from android phone.  As for sound, I want to say that their is a slight increase in instrument separation as well as a little bump in the mid range warmth, might be just in my head though.  Definitely not a bad update in my opinion.  FYI, using it with a pair Noble Savants.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #4,434 of 6,668
  Interface is a little cleaner with a better emphasis on whats playing.  MSQ has now been replaced with AK connect which does a better job of streaming and allows control of my AK100ii from android phone.  As for sound, I want to say that their is a slight increase in instrument separation as well as a little bump in the mid range warmth, might be just in my head though.  Definitely not a bad update in my opinion.  FYI, using it with a pair Noble Savants.

MSQ has not been replaced. It still works fully with all library functions.

If people are going to post their findings without reading first, this thread is going to ddegenerate into a meaningless mess of misinformation.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #4,435 of 6,668
Sorry, MSQ has been replaced on the AK100ii FW itself, not on the host PC/server.  As for the EQ it seems the ability to draw them in has been removed, you can select 1 of 10 bands and increase/decrease them by.5 db.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #4,436 of 6,668
  Sorry, MSQ has been replaced on the AK100ii FW itself, not on the host PC/server.  As for the EQ it seems the ability to draw them in has been removed, you can select 1 of 10 bands and increase/decrease them by.5 db.

MSQ has not been replaced on the ak100II FW. It can be accessed from the library functions and from there selected as the only source, which can then be further refined by bit depth.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #4,437 of 6,668
Yup the EQ seems like a step backwards in a number of ways.  Still the same 10 bands and +/- 5dB range, but now you can't draw the curve with your finger, you also can't see what the preset EQ (pro, akt5p) curves are, and it also appears that any changes to custom eq's are automatically saved and cannot be reversed apart from resetting to flat.  I don't use the EQ personally, but I would imagine that all of these changes make it less convenient.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #4,439 of 6,668
  But you need to use the AK Connect button on the AK100ii, there is no longer the MSQ button located on the home screen.

No. The AK Connect button is not related to MQS. Just turn WiFi on and you have access to MQS as descibed many posts ago. What has changed is that you can no longer access the MQS folder view - only through the library functions. If you had read what people had been saying before jumping in this threrad would be a whole page shorter and there would be no confusion.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #4,440 of 6,668
sorry to ask what does the msq do anyway, sorry for this newbie question, or is it just a way to sort music based on bits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back