Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 16, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #3,407 of 6,668
Yes. one partition!
I stopped now trying and purchased a 64GB card.
Thank you all for your help!

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

May be one of your folder has a file that is not recognized (hidden/corrupted) by AK. Try to skip the folder at which you start getting 'Unknown' artist/album. My 128 gig is 99% full and no issue with scanning.

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #3,408 of 6,668
I have finally found something my 120ii does not do well.  I have found its first shortcoming : latency when using it as a usb dac.  I decided to watch a movie (using VLC) and run the sound from my computer through the AK via USB.  There is an unacceptable delay in the sound track vs on-screen speech and action, and interestingly/frustratingly I couldn`t get rid of it with VLC`s audio-delay adjustment functions : I just couldn`t get it to align.  

Obviously no deal breaker and I don`t really care, just thought it was interesting.  

d

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #3,409 of 6,668
  I have finally found something my 120ii does not do well.  I have found its first shortcoming : latency when using it as a usb dac.  I decided to watch a movie (using VLC) and run the sound from my computer through the AK via USB.  There is an unacceptable delay in the sound track vs on-screen speech and action, and interestingly/frustratingly I couldn`t get rid of it with VLC`s audio-delay adjustment functions : I just couldn`t get it to align.  

Obviously no deal breaker and I don`t really care, just thought it was interesting.  

d

So they have implemented software vs hardware for the USB plug and play, interesting. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #3,412 of 6,668
I just picked up these little gems; time to get out the soldering gun and wreak havoc. . . .

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #3,413 of 6,668
Feb 18, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #3,416 of 6,668
After hesitating a lot,  I finally joined the club (just an AK100 ii)
I take the time to discover it.
I just have for few days the cowon plenue. It s an opposite approach (Even if I needed to use the equalizer to find a more airy sound)

But first the AK 100 ii seems larger on pictures. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #3,417 of 6,668

I just picked up these little gems; time to get out the soldering gun and wreak havoc. . . .

Are they non magnetic?

They are slightly magnetic. Using a strong magnet and hanging my very light cable with the connector down I can get some attraction that will pull to a 30 to 45 degree angle before it pulls free. So some metal somewhere, but not much. Maybe its a metallic paint?
wink_face.gif

This is the plug that Ted uses in his reference silver litz cables and are the best sounding cables I have. The plug is very high quality regardless.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #3,418 of 6,668
  They are slightly magnetic. Using a strong magnet and hanging my very light cable with the connector down I can get some attraction that will pull to a 30 to 45 degree angle before it pulls free. So some metal somewhere, but not much. Maybe its a metallic paint?
wink_face.gif

This is the plug that Ted uses in his reference silver litz cables and are the best sounding cables I have. The plug is very high quality regardless.

Great, that means they don't have the steel central pin and that what you are getting is a little magnetism form the plating and that happens most all the time. I finally found some that are non magnetic but it took some time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back