Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Dec 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #2,521 of 6,668
Hi all. I just updated my new AK100ii. Now having a problem with the volume knob. The unit prior to the update was functioning perfectly. Now when I turn the volume knob it randomly jumps volume. One time 2db, then 20db, then .5db. Always different. So bummed as it was fine before. Trying to go back a firmware version. No luck. Anyone else notice this?

Can you reload the FW?

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #2,523 of 6,668
Hi all. I just updated my new AK100ii. Now having a problem with the volume knob. The unit prior to the update was functioning perfectly. Now when I turn the volume knob it randomly jumps volume. One time 2db, then 20db, then .5db. Always different. So bummed as it was fine before. Trying to go back a firmware version. No luck. Anyone else notice this?

Ouch!  That's nasty.  Have you tried rebooting the unit to see if that helps?  Please keep us up to date with this problem and any solutions that AK may present to you.

If you find a copy of the older original 1.01 firmware to download, please let me know.

That's dagerous as this might hurt your hearing by accidentally jump to a high volume level.

Agreed!

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #2,524 of 6,668

Didn't try reloading current. I want to go back a version. It's funny because the first time it asked me to update I didn't. Should of left it alone!

Do they have the prior FW available? 

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #2,527 of 6,668
I have problem with new FW, AK100 II does not auto power off.

Power setting is set to Auto Power off after 30 mins, even when headphone is not plugged and it is not playing anything, auto power off does not happen 
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #2,528 of 6,668

Ouch!  That's nasty.  Have you tried rebooting the unit to see if that helps?  Please keep us up to date with this problem and any solutions that AK may present to you.

If you find a copy of the older original 1.01 firmware to download, please let me know.

Agreed!

I also noticed the problem of volume issue after the update.

sam

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #2,529 of 6,668
I contacted AK, let's see how customer service is.

Good luck!  *fingers crossed*

An audio business I know said they stopped selling AK daps because of how horrible it is to deal with them :/ Does not bode well for customer service lol.

Yes, it appears that where I bought my AK 120 II from has stopped selling them too...well, they're no longer listed on their website.  I'll still need to 100% confirm with my contact there...all I can say is that they did not speak very nicely about AK support/customer service either.  

Power setting is set to Auto Power off after 30 mins, even when headphone is not plugged and it is not playing anything, auto power off does not happen 
frown.gif

I'm just testing this now with my AK 120 II - will keep you posted.  

I can't replicate the volume problem on my AK 120 II - either with the unit paused or actually playing a track.  It steps in 0.5db increments as it's meant to.  

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #2,530 of 6,668

Good luck!  *fingers crossed*

Yes, good luck to all.  And before some people get a hate-on for A&K, just remember this is the way that most of the tech/IT world works these days : everything is beta.  Innovation is paramount, so getting the newest thing / highest spec out there as fast as possible is the new normal.  Bug-fix and optimize through customer feedback.... I don`t know if it`s good or not, but hey - none of us are listening to 128k on iPods any more....

I`m on my way out the door to pick up my new `junk` T5P, which is just finished getting a balanced 2.5 plug installed.  I am REALLY looking forward to hearing the new AKT5P EQ  !  

Will report.  

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #2,531 of 6,668

Yes, good luck to all.  And before you get a hate-on for A&K, just remember this is the way that most of the tech/IT world works these days : everything is beta.  Innovation is paramount, so getting the newest thing / highest spec out there as fast as possible is the new normal.  Bug-fix and optimize through customer feedback.... I don`t know if it`s good or not, but hey - none of us are listening to 128k on iPods any more....

I`m on my way out the door to pick up my new `junk` T5P, which is just finished getting a balanced 2.5 plug installed.  I am REALLY looking forward to hearing the new AKT5P EQ  !  

Will report.  

Yeah, I realise that, but, as a consumer, I don't have to like it.  I'm a firm believer in getting it right before you release it to the market.  Customers should *never* be your beta testers.  Look where that's gotten Microsoft...

I come from a GNU/Linux background, where code is generally very well written, even in alpha/beta stages it puts proprietary software to shame.  

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #2,532 of 6,668

. .  I'm a firm believer in getting it right before you release it to the market.  Customers should *never* be your beta testers.  Look where that's gotten Microsoft...

I don`t get what you are saying here.  I`d say `forever beta` has gotten Microsoft pretty far.  It has become a colossus through decades of utterly crap products and monopolistic business practices....  

BTW I totally agree with you about getting something right before releasing it.  

How`s your 100ii ? 

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #2,533 of 6,668

I don`t get what you are saying here.  I`d say `forever beta` has gotten Microsoft pretty far.  It has become a colossus through decades of utterly crap products and monopolistic business practices....  

BTW I totally agree with you about getting something right before releasing it.  

How`s your 100ii ? 

Oh, the only reason why Microsoft did so well was:

1.  OEM contracts (how the USDJ didn't punish Microsoft and hardware manufacturers for this blatant monopolistic behaviour is beyond me)
2.  MS Office only really runs well on Windows (yes, it runs on OS X, but it's semi crippled).  If Office ran on GNU/Linux, many people would have pissed off that crap that is Windows and migrated a long time ago.  Of course, Linux missed the boat, and now OS X is cleaning up rather nicely.  Now, my preferred operating system is GNU/Linux, but I've used a LOT of operating systems, certainly more than the vast majority of people.  When I say Windows is crap, I REALLY do mean it.  

Microsoft has NOT gotten to where it is today based on quality.  Hell, OS2/4 *killed* Microsoft Windows 95 in every single way possibly imaginable.  It's a pity IBM screwed up with it...computing would be a hella lot better now.

edit: I have an AK 120 II  :p most of the AK 100 bugs with the new firmware don't seem to affect the AK 120 II thankfully.  

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #2,534 of 6,668

frown.gif

Yes, I can confirm this problem with the AK 120 II and the new firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back