Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #693 of 6,668
I wonder how they can keep stating this can drive the HD800 "with ease", unless they changed something from the AK240, which shouldn't be the case. Granted, the HD800 sounds impressive considering it's a little DAP, but the volume isn't even near to reach a level which would make these headphones enjoyable, at least with my classical library. Not that I expected or wanted this, I can't see myself going traveling with my HD800 in the bag.

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #695 of 6,668
For all AK100II/120II owner, could you please tell how's the performance of optical out? I gonna get a ak120/120II to pair with my Chord Hugo. Does the AK120II optical out sounds better than the old AK120? How does it compare with AK240 as well? :)

Thanks

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #696 of 6,668
  For all AK100II/120II owner, could you please tell how's the performance of optical out? I gonna get a ak120/120II to pair with my Chord Hugo. Does the AK120II optical out sounds better than the old AK120? How does it compare with AK240 as well? :)

Thanks

I'm still confused.  If the Hugo is the processing DAC and amp output, what difference does the output from the source make? Is the Hugo DAC colored by the input source?  Thanks for the clarification!

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #697 of 6,668
  I'm still confused.  If the Hugo is the processing DAC and amp output, what difference does the output from the source make? Is the Hugo DAC colored by the input source?  Thanks for the clarification!

When we talkng about coaxial in/out or optical in/out, means the source does not pass any DAC/amp section and transfer to the right DAC to process. So a good source should be define as CLEAN or "ORIGINAL" and thus should not be coloured. The cleaner/original the signal goes, the better result you would hear from the DAC/AMP output. 

But I don't think all source are the same, different design could have different quality/signature. That's why im wondering is there any difference between the AK120/AK120ii/AK240 when we use them as source ONLY.  :)

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #698 of 6,668
  Just got my AK240!
Very very happy with the purchase, man... this sounds lush:)!!

Right?  Loads of detail, transparent and uncolored detail.  Thanks for the update! 
smile.gif
  BTW, ff you ever get a chance to audition the AK100II or AK120II, you'll know why I still hold the AK240 clearly above them both.

Well good for you but this thread is for AK100-II and AK120-II
rolleyes.gif

Fortunately, my reading skills haven't left me yet.

As warrenpchi asked me how it sounds (read page 45) I thought I would let him know about my first impressions.

Nevertheless, you are right:) Won't post anything non-AK100II/120II from now on.

That I did, that I did.  S'okay, Jonathan, we can take this to PM. 
smile.gif

I wonder how they can keep stating this can drive the HD800 "with ease", unless they changed something from the AK240, which shouldn't be the case. Granted, the HD800 sounds impressive considering it's a little DAP, but the volume isn't even near to reach a level which would make these headphones enjoyable, at least with my classical library.

And there you have it, we all prefer to listen at different volumes.  For whoever said that, and for me as well, it was more than enough to be enjoyable.

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #699 of 6,668

Right?  Loads of detail, transparent and uncolored detail.  Thanks for the update! 
smile.gif
  BTW, ff you ever get a chance to audition the AK100II or AK120II, you'll know why I still hold the AK240 clearly above them both.

I will! :)

Local dealer expects the 100II and 120II in a few weeks! I have already contacted him to let me know when I can audition them:)!
When I get the chance, I will post my impressions. But I think that I will be sticking with the AK240:p Ah well... haha we will see. :)

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #701 of 6,668
I've been having debates with myself over these past couples months of which ak product to get & as soon I am about to buy I have another question or doubt lol.

I was wondering if buying an ak 100 ii, would that be much of an improvement say over a iphone 5S or iPod classic?
Both sources will be playing AIFF files.
Thanks a lot to those who reply

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #704 of 6,668
  I recently unboxed the new AK120II.  I am loving this new model.  Sounds better than original AK120 and I love the sexy design.

Congratulations

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #705 of 6,668
I know members have already posted about this but one more opinion can't hurt ;P
What would your opinions be on the ak240 vs the ak120ii? Worth the extra to go for the 240?

Another question that you might ask yourself is once you've got the 120ii and will some day your craving pushes you to the 240 upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back