Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Mar 16, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #3,601 of 6,668

Nice. Do you use the Pelican foam inserts with the 1040? They are a little expensive though. I paid about $8 for a small, Pelican 1010 sized block.

Mine looks just like this (an all black croc case) -

I think this is the default case for the AK120 IIs? Yours comes in blue?

Yeah I use that Pick N Pluck foam I also put a piece of foam on top before I close the case so I can just throw it in a book bag and it wont rattle around. I love the pelican cases.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #3,603 of 6,668
I'm liking the Pelican 1055 that I posted pics of a few weeks ago. It's bigger, but thinner than the 1040.

That's awesome I thought of that but I didn't want to carry something that big but actually seeing it I might have to steal your idea. I might do that and buy different foam inserts and customize them for each of my DAP's

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #3,604 of 6,668
  I continue to have major problems in transferring files on my device from my imac, whether Android file transfer flac or mp3 file  begins and then stops and tells me I can not copy the file ...

Are you copying files to a microSD card in your player? I had a similar issue...it turned out to be a dud microSD card. Changed that and all is well. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #3,605 of 6,668

Very funny; mine is dark blue everywhere except the back which is black; nice combination and curious about other owners..

You should take care of that case - I bet you could sell it for $$$$

Mine original case was the dark blue.  Apparently those are rare; the default case with the 120ii is supposed to be black.  The shop where I bought mine was shocked to see it; they thought the blue was special-order only.  They also sell used AKs and all of the 120ii - about 25 of them - are black.

There are at least 2 versions of Buttero blue croc 120ii cases: the dark blue like mine, and also a much more vivid blue, similar in hue to traditional Japanese dyed cotton and linen.  

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #3,606 of 6,668
did you customize the padding?

I bought a sheet of thin (about 3/32") and a couple of sheets of thick (about 1/4") foam and foam glue at Michaels (a craft store) and custom cut layers with an xacto knife and glued them together. I removed the liner that came with the case to make room. The size fits nicely in my briefcase next to my iPad for travel without being bulky. I didn't like the idea of the 2"+ thickness of the 1040.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #3,607 of 6,668

You should take care of that case - I bet you could sell it for $$$$

Mine original case was the dark blue.  Apparently those are rare; the default case with the 120ii is supposed to be black.  The shop where I bought mine was shocked to see it; they thought the blue was special-order only.  They also sell used AKs and all of the 120ii - about 25 of them - are black.

There are at least 2 versions of Buttero blue croc 120ii cases: the dark blue like mine, and also a much more vivid blue, similar in hue to traditional Japanese dyed cotton and linen.  

Thanks Dopaminer; the case looks beautiful with the black/blue combination but I ordered last night the dark brown instead to use every day, so this one goes on sale from now if any interested...

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #3,608 of 6,668
I bought a sheet of thin (about 3/32") and a couple of sheets of thick (about 1/4") foam and foam glue at Michaels (a craft store) and custom cut layers with an xacto knife and glued them together. I removed the liner that came with the case to make room. The size fits nicely in my briefcase next to my iPad for travel without being bulky. I didn't like the idea of the 2"+ thickness of the 1040.
Thats a great ideal! Thanks,looks really nice!

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #3,609 of 6,668

Thanks Dopaminer; the case looks beautiful with the black/blue combination but I ordered last night the dark brown instead to use every day, so this one goes on sale from now if any interested...

I sold my blue case easily - you should have no problem.  
Please post some pics of the brown case.  I was torn between getting that one and the orange.  I went for the orange and it` starting to weather nicely but I still want it to be more ochre and less yellow....   It`ll probably be perfect in about 10 years!  

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #3,610 of 6,668
Yeah I use that Pick N Pluck foam I also put a piece of foam on top before I close the case so I can just throw it in a book bag and it wont rattle around. I love the pelican cases.

Yeah. The Pick N Pluck foam is really great. Helps keep everything snug and fit.

True story - My wife actually used a scissors to cut them out before she realized that you could simply tear the foam blocks apart. 
biggrin.gif

Hey, where did you buy your new case? I'm looking to get one as a backup, since I'm about to apply 3M's Dual Lock on the back of the current one. I'm afraid it might damage the leather. Besides, the blue croc looks great!

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #3,612 of 6,668

Are you copying files to a microSD card in your player? I had a similar issue...it turned out to be a dud microSD card. Changed that and all is well. 

yes ..but the problem is the same copy to a internal storage.....

i buy this  microsd card :

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00D6XTMFC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #3,613 of 6,668
Hey, where did you buy your new case? I'm looking to get one as a backup, since I'm about to apply 3M's Dual Lock on the back of the current one. I'm afraid it might damage the leather. Besides, the blue croc looks great!
[/quote]

Here you go:

http://www.soundfidelity.co.uk/products/astellkern/ak120-ii-case/

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #3,614 of 6,668

Here you go:

http://www.soundfidelity.co.uk/products/astellkern/ak120-ii-case/[/quote]

Thanks! Will have a look now. 
smile.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #3,615 of 6,668
  are desperate ...now also no longer works program supports streaming mqs ... begins to turn around and around for half an hour and then closes by itself ...

Must be a corrupted/broken file in your library. Check the folder at which the scan break and clean it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back