Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Mar 9, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #3,542 of 6,668
Mar 9, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #3,544 of 6,668
Mar 10, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #3,546 of 6,668
Am I the only one wondering what a custom made case for the AK players would cost? Something like this, but made for the AK100/120/240. Leather, but with a flap to protect the screen and with 100% less croc pattern. I wonder if it would be possible to create something that would allow the player to still fit in the dock...

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #3,547 of 6,668
I have never seen anything with a case that can be docked. I dont care for the croc pattern either. I am doing some diy cases hopefully they look good enough to post pictures.

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #3,548 of 6,668
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/A6-EASECASE-Custom-Made-Genuine-Leather-case-for-iriver-AK100II/2019907199.html

Saw this online, I think they have a case with a flap too, was considering this since you can get different leather options, but I have no idea if its junk or not, I've seen a few reviews of their custom cellphone cases that were positive. But since I'm going to the UK shortly I'll probably just get the standard buttero case.

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #3,549 of 6,668
Some of you may remember this croc-less Buttero 120ii case I sold here last month: 

Oh if only I had known what a rare animal these are.... 
Anyway, A&K made these for the big headphone show in Tokyo last autumn, apparently.  Why they don`t mass produce them, I don`t know, but a series of spring `portable headphone audio` shows are happening across Japan`s major cities starting this month and I am determined to get some of these if they make an appearance.  

Turning to another kind of case, I recently found this in a bin of an electronics shop in Tokyo. I don`t know what it is designed for.  It was 5 bucks.  It fits my 120ii and set of IEMs, and it has a very appealing 2-dimensional profile which makes it easy to slide into a bag or even a back pocket; it`s just wide enough to hold everything snug. (Usually my 120ii is in its microfiber bag): 

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3,551 of 6,668
  Yeah, I'm a bit surprised croc-less cases aren't available.  Heck, even non-stock cases are hard to find here in the U.S.  I just want a smooth, black case for my 120ii; nothing fancy.

Agreed. For the life of me, I don't know why they had to use that croc design for the AK120 II's case. The one with the AK100 II was just right, IMO.

What are we, fashionistas? 
ph34r.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #3,553 of 6,668
Five days have passed since I got my AK120II and I love it. 

Honestly, I have nothing to say, only the big WOW 
atsmile.gif

The only problem now is that I can no longer do two things at the same time.
I can't read books and listen my music at the same time... it's one or another 
blink.gif

P.S.
Now the target is to find some HP for AK120II and it will be pretty difficult for me... 

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #3,554 of 6,668
Has anybody compare the sound quality of Lined output with a quality 3.5 mm interconnect cable  connect the AK120II directly to the input of the car audio better than using the bluetooth output of the car audio? I noticed that the output volume is a bit higher with the cable and SQ improvement is subtle if any.

Also during my three months of ownership of AK120II, I have three times that I can't turn on the power of the device. I have to wait for more than ten minutes in order to power on. Have anyone experience this problem?

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #3,555 of 6,668
Hi guys. I have a problem :frowning2:
Bought new ak100ii a week ago on eBay from Hong Kong. It means I don't have any warranty. And I just noticed that the corner of the back panel near jack clicks when you press it. The gap is not visible, but it's not flush. It bothers me so much. Did anyone have this problem. Is there any way to fix this? I'm so upset.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back