Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Mar 1, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #3,496 of 6,668
  I've seen similar issues like this on other devices with back- or side-lit LCD screens.  If it bothers you, don't overthink it, just exchange it, preferably from the store or site where you purchased it if you are still within the return window.  I would were I in your shoes--it's a high-end item with a high price tag and you deserve one that's perfect.  

Ok it just bothers me to have to wait for the remplacement but it will be the best solution.
And I have still have the plenue

That does not look normal, for AMOLED screen. I would try a factory reset before sending it in for a return/replacement.

For a factory reset, we just go to the menu "Default settings and Factory date reset " ? I will try but the problem is already present when I received it

Are you 100% certain it`s a real AK100ii?  The first indication when you see the fake iPhones and Galaxies in Thailand is the screen : they have exactly this kind uneveness, bright/dark areas.  I have not yet heard of fake AKs but with the prices and the relatively simple design I guess it would be prime target for the counterfeiters . . .   

Yes absolutely sure . Just bad luck

And thanks every one

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #3,497 of 6,668
a 200GB MicroSD is on the way:

http://gizmodo.com/sandisk-squeezes-200gb-into-a-tiny-microsd-card-1688307827#

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #3,498 of 6,668
  a 200GB MicroSD is on the way:

http://gizmodo.com/sandisk-squeezes-200gb-into-a-tiny-microsd-card-1688307827#

Nice, almost sounds like they put two dies and raid-0 them together.

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #3,500 of 6,668

Crazy.  I wonder if/hope it`ll work in the 120ii. . . .

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. Also Astell&Kern shared an article about the new card on their own Facebook wall, so compatibility seems likely.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #3,501 of 6,668
Hi all,

After a month of careful reading this forum and other reviews I finally made a decision and ordered AK120II.

Though had to shake out all the pockets in search for some spare EUR and for rest of the month will be sitting only on "bread + water + music"
ph34r.gif
 But still, could't resisted to such temptation to try how it is to listen the music in higher format than on my iDevices.  

Greetings from Riga,
RolisB

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #3,502 of 6,668
  Hi all,

After a month of careful reading this forum and other reviews I finally made a decision and ordered AK120II.

Though had to shake out all the pockets in search for some spare EUR and for rest of the month will be sitting only on "bread + water + music"
ph34r.gif
 But still, could't resisted to such temptation to try how it is to listen the music in higher format than on my iDevices.  

Greetings from Riga,
RolisB

Welcome !  You`re going to love it.  It`s a huge step up from.......everything.  

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #3,503 of 6,668
  Hi all,

ph34r.gif

Greetings from Riga,
RolisB

Congrats! The AK120 II is a solid DAP. Coming from a DX50 + E12 combo, the AK handily outperforms them, and then some! 
smile.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #3,504 of 6,668
  Hi all,

ph34r.gif

Greetings from Riga,
RolisB

After 2 weeks now of owning one I have no regrets, despite the cost.  I went through a 2 month research and had myself convinced to get the Ak100II and then talked myself up to the 120 and I don't regret it.  What I didn't want was to always wonder if I should have taken the second step.  Thankfully the 240 is out of my reach and I don't have to worry about regrets there...

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #3,505 of 6,668

After 2 weeks now of owning one I have no regrets, despite the cost.  I went through a 2 month research and had myself convinced to get the Ak100II and then talked myself up to the 120 and I don't regret it.  What I didn't want was to always wonder if I should have taken the second step.  Thankfully the 240 is out of my reach and I don't have to worry about regrets there...

I was in an identical situation.
Had a budget for AK100II but I also didn't want to "regret" my choice. After all - this will be my first Hi-end DAP 
bigsmile_face.gif

Will see, hope they will deliver it till Friday, and I will be able to test it on weekend. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #3,506 of 6,668
  I found out what the problem was when I synced the player with my computer in windows media I synced all the pictures and videos onto the SD card also. And it was scanning everything on the card that's why it took so long thanks for the advice.

Just a couple of other data points.

1)
55GB/5600 songs of Flac, HiRes, and MP3 on internal memory
- takes 30 seconds to boot up and ready to play

2)
55GB/5600 songs of Flac, HiRes, and MP3 on internal memory, AND
55GB/5600 songs of Flac, HiRes, and MP3 on MicroSD Card (64GB Sandisk Extreme)
- takes 30 seconds to boot up and ready to play

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #3,507 of 6,668

I was in an identical situation.
Had a budget for AK100II but I also didn't want to "regret" my choice. After all - this will be my first Hi-end DAP 
bigsmile_face.gif

Will see, hope they will deliver it till Friday, and I will be able to test it on weekend. 

There is a very high P.O.O.P factor with the 120ii.  

(P.O.O.P.  - Pride Of Ownership Placebo)

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #3,510 of 6,668
I have listened to all 3 of them they are all very detailed and have different sound sigs. My previous daily rig was the Fiio X1 and I bought the AK100ii, it is definitely an upgrade but $800 worth not a chance. The AK is better built the UI is 100's better to me the AK100ii sounds more natural then the other AKs. I am very happy with my purchase but listening to all the AK players compared to a $100 player I was expected to be blown away but was really disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back