Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Dec 2, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #4,321 of 4,426
I'm using spiral dots. I'm sure I have the seal correct too. Does burn in open up the bass?

there you go spiraldots might not suit with ref1, for example with me spiral dots with ref1 gave me no bass what so ever, so change to sony hybird tips and your issue is over

i had the same experience, spiral dots work great for some but not everyone, even if they worked great for you with other iems with ref1 it might not

so change the tips and your problem is over

there is no burn so the bass comes out. The bass is the first thing you will notice without any burn in

from where did you buy the ref1 ? 

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #4,322 of 4,426
  there you go spiraldots might not suit with ref1, for example with me spiral dots with ref1 gave me no bass what so ever, so change to sony hybird tips and your issue is over

i had the same experience, spiral dots work great for some but not everyone, even if they worked great for you with other iems with ref1 it might not

so change the tips and your problem is over

there is no burn so the bass comes out. The bass is the first thing you will notice without any burn in

from where did you buy the ref1 ? 

I bought them secondhand from another user.
Are there any differences between these two sony hybrids?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EP-EX11-Hybrid-Replacement-Ear-Tips-Black-White-SS-S-M-L-LL-from-Japan-/162302301086?var=&hash=item25c9f8939e:m:mA9x8qtQHiCSuw573Uvyrjw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-Hybrid-Replacement-Earbud-Earphone-Earpiece-Tips-L-M-S-6-Pieces-Black-/152312411154?hash=item237686f412:g:0DYAAOSwzaJX-3OI

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #4,324 of 4,426

I believe the pair I'm using has only been used for 10 hours. The highs are a bit hot and peaky, which I know will be resolved with burn in, but will burn in increase the bass quantity. I'm coming from the k10s and I feel like the k10s have greater bass quantity than the ref1s, albeit does not go as low. This is weird because all the reviews I've read have stated that the ref1s have 'basshead' quantity.

Just be patient.  Take time to burn it in as during this burn in period you might feel you've bought the wrong IEM and was a waste of money.  After that 200 something hours, please come back and give us your assessment.

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #4,325 of 4,426
Something not right. Bass isn't even close between K10 and ref 1. Even with iPhone as a source you should be able to hear the difference. It's literally a night and day difference. Either bad fit or something much more sinister. :wink: In all seriousness, something is not right.

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #4,326 of 4,426

Hi H20...while you have both Ref.1 & the P5, do you find that the "texture" of the bass are different when compared both?  I "bet" Ref.1 has a better texture of bass from it's dynamic bass units.  Please offer your observations.

Cheers

Hi, its been too long to give any valid opinion, the Plus5 I demoed were returned several months ago. I can remember their sound signature and areas like the tonality, but little differences like that are hard to recall easily.

I'd rather not guesstimate. 
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #4,327 of 4,426
Same thoughts. Did a detailed audition on the K10U and Katana and the bass did not come close to Tralucent Ref. 1. Was intending to buy the K10U after reading all the reviews, but my audition did not convince me to hand out my money.

Tralucent Ref. 1 is not exactly perfect, but the bass is really its strength. No way for them to be compared in terms of bass.

Something not right. Bass isn't even close between K10 and ref 1. Even with iPhone as a source you should be able to hear the difference. It's literally a night and day difference. Either bad fit or something much more sinister. :wink: In all seriousness, something is not right.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #4,328 of 4,426
Does anyone that owns or has owned the Ref-1 live in the bay area or Socal? I need someone to help me test my pair of ref-1s to see if they sound as they are suppose to. It would be a quick visit. I would appreciate the help!

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #4,329 of 4,426

I believe the pair I'm using has only been used for 10 hours. The highs are a bit hot and peaky, which I know will be resolved with burn in, but will burn in increase the bass quantity. I'm coming from the k10s and I feel like the k10s have greater bass quantity than the ref1s, albeit does not go as low. This is weird because all the reviews I've read have stated that the ref1s have 'basshead' quantity.

The ref1too's bass is both stronger and faster than- and has as much quantity as the K10's Bass  and The ref1 sounds less peaky than the K10. please wait until the burning in process settles. (I used to own both I can just confirm what flymetthemoon said)

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #4,331 of 4,426
Finally a worthy source for my Ref 1 Too and uBer cable!!

Yeah man, I saw in the Sony thread, congratuations!

Go easy on the EQ bro...

Seriously though I'd be interested how it sounds. I wouldn't buy one personally but could take my Ref.1 over to the store and demo the combination.

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #4,333 of 4,426
Thanks Luke!! You know I'm already messing with the eq!! Lol

I literally just received it about 20 minutes ago, so hard to say if that's good. Quick listen, sounds organic to me. I definitely need more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back