Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Dec 1, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #4,306 of 4,426
  i honestly miss the ref1, and it was for those points above that you mentioned that I sold it. No iem I tried what so ever had better imaging , sound stage and bass than the ref1 peroid

I really wonder if those issues mentioned above have been fixed in ref1 too, and I wish to get a solid answer, as that can mean that I will be a ref1 too, as I loved it so much, but the peaks in highs was the main reason I sold it, also I found the mids to be a bit thin sounding and wanted a bit more weight and presence to the mids

I really wonder if ref1 too has all that addressed, I really wish @H20Fidelity you had a chance to compare you have quite some experience with traclucent iems

Sometimes Ref.1 treble response can be as manageable as a source on different firmware.

For example, an iBasso DX90 on different firmware versions I can either make or break the result of those peaks you heard. I spend a lot of time tinkering around in my room I don't mention with tips, sources, cables.  Tralucent's own DacAmp One makes Ref.1 behave very well. As a side note, I'm surprised how many cable changes my Ref.1 has stood up too and been totally fine over my ownership. I am very gentle though when doing it

Let's see what the others can mention between to two models highs for us.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #4,307 of 4,426

Sometimes Ref.1 treble response can be as manageable as a source on different firmware.

For example, an iBasso DX90 on different firmware versions I can either make or break the result of those peaks you heard. I spend a lot of time tinkering around in my room I don't mention with tips, sources, cables.  Tralucent's own DacAmp One makes Ref.1 behave very well. As a side note, I'm surprised how many cable changes my Ref.1 has stood up too and been totally fine over my ownership. I am very gentle though when doing it

Let's see what the others can mention between to two models highs for us.

yes we need someone who has both and not from memory impressions

also no iem what so ever gives you the feeling like you are listening to headphone like ref1, as that was the first think i noticed with ref1, it was jaw dropping. If only the peaks are fixed in ref1 too i am all for it, to buy ref1 too, so I will need some feedback on this

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #4,309 of 4,426
I am not sure if this has been answered before but will Plus5 have a similar sound signature with that deep low bass for example when watching movies?
I noticed some were not happy with the Ref1 ergonomics so Plus5 should solve this problem since i have small ears.
Still some prefer Ref1 to Plus5.

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #4,310 of 4,426
I am not sure if this has been answered before but will Plus5 have a similar sound signature with that deep low bass for example when watching movies?
I noticed some were not happy with the Ref1 ergonomics so Plus5 should solve this problem since i have small ears.

As I understand it mate they are totally different signatures, with the Ref1 series having more bass emphasis, compared to the more forward mids of the Plus5. 

I guess the more important question is what's your favourite type of signature?

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #4,311 of 4,426

As I understand it mate they are totally different signatures, with the Ref1 series having more bass emphasis, compared to the more forward mids of the Plus5. 

I guess the more important question is what's your favourite type of signature?

I have both P5 and Ref1 (original) and would agree with this. I personally prefer P5 (best IEM ever), and when used with uber too cable I also prefer 1plus2 over Ref1 (I'm not a bass head).
Without uber cable I prefer Ref1 to 1plus2 (because 1plus2 can exhibit some sibilance unless used with uber cable).

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #4,312 of 4,426
The P5 definitely was number 1 for me for a bit... But new toy syndrome ended and it fell all the way down to number 2 in my arsenal. Plus 5 is a great iem, most different than previous Tralucent iems. It hits very hard, especially for a BA driver iem. Excellent treble extension, clear mids, but thick in the mids as well. Certainly different them the 1p2 and the Ref 1.

Ref 1 is still my precious after all these years, Plus 5 has the only thing to come close.

Now about that Warrior edition Ref 1...

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #4,313 of 4,426
Dec 2, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #4,314 of 4,426
Just recieved the ref 1 today, and found the bass to not be 'visceral' as said by many others. It hits deep and low, but is laid back and small in quantity. Just wondering if this is correct. I also only have the iPhone as a source, so it may be that.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #4,316 of 4,426
Just recieved the ref 1 today, and found the bass to not be 'visceral' as said by many others. It hits deep and low, but is laid back and small in quantity. I'm pretty sure I have a good fit too. Just wondering if this is correct. I also only have the iPhone as a source, so it may be that.

no way at all ref1 is known for big bass. try other tips like sony hybrid foam tips

what tips are u using

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #4,318 of 4,426
I'm using spiral dots. I'm sure I have the seal correct too. Does burn in open up the bass?

Give your pair some 200 hours to break it in (if they are new) and by then you'd have a better balance across all spectrums.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4,319 of 4,426
Plus5 is all BA (5 actually lol) and it's quite bassy with strong on impact, you feel the dynamics hit hard, even through out the mid-range notes. Just it's tonality wasn't exactly where I'd prefer, it's thick deeply voiced. Perhaps the most unique sounding of the line up. I had Plus5 with me with Uber Too for a few weeks, demo.
wink.gif

Hi H20...while you have both Ref.1 & the P5, do you find that the "texture" of the bass are different when compared both?  I "bet" Ref.1 has a better texture of bass from it's dynamic bass units.  Please offer your observations.

Cheers

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #4,320 of 4,426

Give your pair some 200 hours to break it in (if they are new) and by then you'd have a better balance across all spectrums.

I believe the pair I'm using has only been used for 10 hours. The highs are a bit hot and peaky, which I know will be resolved with burn in, but will burn in increase the bass quantity. I'm coming from the k10s and I feel like the k10s have greater bass quantity than the ref1s, albeit does not go as low. This is weird because all the reviews I've read have stated that the ref1s have 'basshead' quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back