Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Dec 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #2,416 of 4,426
  Well one with regular pins for Ref1, SE5 and NT6, one with Fitear pins for 335 and one with Roxanne pins...
biggrin.gif

I just got my RWAK back from repair. I had forgotten how exceptional thiscombo is. Can't imagine with the Uber.

Well.  Three of them is one hell of an investment.

Apparently you have done homework to compare other OFTL cables and uber became your choice.   Could you please share why uber wins out and what makes it the best as I have virtually no experience in earphone cables from my short headfi journey.

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,417 of 4,426
  Well.  Three of them is one hell of an investment.

Apparently you have done homework to compare other OFTL cables and uber became your choice.   Could you please share why uber wins out and what makes it the best as I have virtually no experience in earphone cables from my short headfi journey.

I have not done / finished this job at all. I have tried several cables so far but have yet to try one making an audible difference justifying the price. So if the Uber is as good as people say, I might be tempted.

But actually I learned the retail price of the Uber 2 and it settled the issue quite quickly. More than I am willing to pay.

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #2,418 of 4,426
  I have not done / finished this job at all. I have tried several cables so far but have yet to try one making an audible difference justifying the price. So if the Uber is as good as people say, I might be tempted.

But actually I learned the retail price of the Uber 2 and it settled the issue quite quickly. More than I am willing to pay.

Or maybe you can put this into a different perspective.

You have done your AK240 RWAK which adds cost to the original base 240.  The same way you approach the decision getting the uber 2...minus the cost you'd pay for any regular/stock cable and the balance is the cost of the uber.  It does bring an improvement to the regular Tralucent Silver V2 that I have and you yourself to judge how big the difference is once there's a chance to audition it.

Cheers

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #2,419 of 4,426
  Or maybe you can put this into a different perspective.

You have done your AK240 RWAK which adds cost to the original base 240.  The same way you approach the decision getting the uber 2...minus the cost you'd pay for any regular/stock cable and the balance is the cost of the uber.  It does bring an improvement to the regular Tralucent Silver V2 that I have and you yourself to judge how big the difference is once there's a chance to audition it.

Cheers

True, but the resale value of cables is usually low. So if was to sell the Silver & Gold V2, I would probably get half of its worth. So the net cost of the Uber would be enough to get me Lab 1 or Earwerkz Legend...

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #2,420 of 4,426
  True, but the resale value of cables is usually low. So if was to sell the Silver & Gold V2, I would probably get half of its worth. So the net cost of the Uber would be enough to get me Lab 1 or Earwerkz Legend...

Well.  Unfortunately in the hobby that we are practicing depreciation is a harsh reality.

I think you still need the Silver/Gold for on-the-go usage as I don't think the new uber could serve that even it is more flexible than the old one.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #2,422 of 4,426
Hey guys. I'm guessing everyone's been enjoying holidays & some back to work :frowning2:

I'm making a post if everyone's interested on impression on cables.

I have the Ref 1 (finally)with the stock silver/gold. This stock cable is similar but is different to the previous black-sleeved Silver/gold V2. It seems larger and did wind towards the pins.

I also have the Toxic Silver/Copper 8 Conductor, and the Uber 2.

I have had the Uber 2 for 2 weeks & am using not 240, but C4. Early impressions and comparisons...

With the stock cable; as most have heard, it sounds good. Good enough to not need after market cable. The bass quantity (not quality) is not slightly lacking, as i thought with the 1plus2, and the mid is more prominent (placed forward) but its

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,423 of 4,426
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit of a noob but thinking of pulling the trigger on the reference 1. However reviews On This site cite quality control issues, loose cables and need to return the iems. Is this still an issue amongst the users here or has this been rectified? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #2,424 of 4,426
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit of a noob but thinking of pulling the trigger on the reference 1. However reviews On This site cite quality control issues, loose cables and need to return the iems. Is this still an issue amongst the users here or has this been rectified? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Loose cables was an issue and I think they are now glueing the cable to the phones before it ships. I purchased Ref 1 before Tralucent started doing this and had to do it myself. It's easy to do and I have not had any problems after I did that (but they indeed were loose before and phones were disconnecting from cables too easily). I have not had QC issues so can't comment on that question. One thing that is critical with Ref 1 is long run in period before they stabilize - don't trust anyone who says otherwise (both Ref 1 and 1plus2 convinced me this is absolutely necessary, at least with those two phones).

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #2,425 of 4,426
I can say that I have sent my Ref1s back at my cost over 2 months ago due to an extreme driver flex problem... They are supposed to be shipped back to me today, but no confirmation yet :frowning2:

Darren
dgcrane

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #2,426 of 4,426
Hi everyone,

In May my Ref.1 will be with me for a year and yes, the connection can be tighter then it is.   Loose cable.. only happens, maybe, once in 20 days of usage.

I do listening to Ref.1 Monday to Friday during office hours and primarily using the Uber cable.  Due to less-than-flexible nature of the uber it tends to make its way from the connection at the frequency mentioned above.  With the Silver cable, to which I'm using while traveling and frequency maybe down to 1/3 of the uber.    Don't find the loose connectors an issue for me thus far.

My pair has no quality issue on driver and never sent back to Gavin since delivery to me.  

Yes, doing run in for a new pair is a must and you may have yours running over night and it minimize the pain to wait till it becomes open up.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #2,427 of 4,426
  I do listening to Ref.1 Monday to Friday during office hours and primarily using the Uber cable. Due to less-than-flexible nature of the uber it tends to make its way from the connection at the frequency mentioned above.

Have your tried the Uber Too cable? It's way, way softer and very easy to wear. No cable coming loose problems like the Uber. Makes a huge difference in the comfort/wearability of the Ref or 1plus2....also sounds amazing...
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #2,428 of 4,426
Have your tried the Uber Too cable? It's way, way softer and very easy to wear. No cable coming loose problems like the Uber. Makes a huge difference in the comfort/wearability of the Ref or 1plus2....also sounds amazing...:wink:

I have to second that: unlike the Uber with my 1p2, my Uber Too is not glued to my Ref1. No issue at all thus far. :) Absolutely agree about SQ as well.

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #2,429 of 4,426

Have your tried the Uber Too cable? It's way, way softer and very easy to wear. No cable coming loose problems like the Uber. Makes a huge difference in the comfort/wearability of the Ref or 1plus2....also sounds amazing...
wink.gif

No. I have not tried the uber 2 yet.  I've missed the chance to meet up with Gavin to try out the new uber.  I've heard good thing about it and really looking forward to have such an opportunity to audition.

Do you have both uber versions?  If so, what's the diff?

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #2,430 of 4,426
I have to second that: unlike the Uber with my 1p2, my Uber Too is not glued to my Ref1. No issue at all thus far.
smily_headphones1.gif
Absolutely agree about SQ as well.

Hi Kiats,

could you please share your impressions of the two ubers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back