Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #226 of 4,426
Mine should ship along with the new DAC/Amp next week...next week...next week.... next week!!!!!

May 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #227 of 4,426

etysmile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Now we need a picture of you wearing them 
beyersmile.png
. Plugs look kind of long.

May 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #228 of 4,426
So, would an old JH Audio cable work with this IEM? I have one of those from Whiplash. Wondering if I need to get that cable re-terminated.

May 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #231 of 4,426
I'm guessing flymetothemoon must be lost in his musical nirvana!

Seeing you also have the tg334, the ref1 is smaller and sit more flush in my ears then my tg334 when I demoed. I would say it sits more comfortably and less protruded than the tg334.

Ah ok. Thank you. I have pretty big ears but I think the max I would go would be the TG334 size for universals. 

May 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #233 of 4,426
Mine should ship along with the new DAC/Amp next week...next week...next week.... next week!!!!!

I'll be lookin out for your thoughts!

May 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #234 of 4,426
  Ref 1 Initial Impression :

Running time : 3-4 hours only

Gear : AK240
Cable : Tralucent New Silver (L-shape connector) & Uber (L-shape connector)

Low :
It sounds like a headphone, not an IEM.  The sub bass from Titanic's first track was speechless...interpret this passage with relaxed ease.  Impressive.

Mid (Vocals) :
Harry Belefonte's at Carnegie Hall/Day O & Jamaica Farewell
- wow...the voice from his throat...richer than 1plus2
- imagining precision in an airy hall

Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley - Field of Gold
She was just sitting in front of you and I was just immersed in music

High :
The airiness expands one more  dimension when compared to 1Plus2, detail but not aggressive.  Silver's performance was good but Uber opens up a whole new world.

I can't imagine how the phones would perform after some hours on it.  The above just the impressions in a very early stage of a run-in period.  

Pretty much nail it right there.

If you want a fast version on what the Ref. 1 is all about - here ya go. Bam.

May 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #235 of 4,426
Thank you. looks like it would stick out quite a bit. Comfortable?

In fact it wears as comfy as the 1plus2. I think I have narrow ear canals and I've seen my colleague wears this one much more into his ears.

May 8, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #237 of 4,426
May 8, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #238 of 4,426
May 8, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #239 of 4,426
Message to Tera Player owners :

After spending some time with my new AK240, today is the turn for my TP to try to Ref.1.

To cut it short...it's a perfect match. Beautiful music...the entire spectrum of frequencies are analog rich from low to high with density & power. I bet you'd love it.

Cheers

May 8, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #240 of 4,426
Message to Tera Player owners :

After spending some time with my new AK240, today is the turn for my TP to try to Ref.1.

To cut it short...it's a perfect match. Beautiful music...the entire spectrum of frequencies are analog rich from low to high with density & power. I bet you'd love it.

Cheers

Thanks - that's great to hear. How different is the combo vs 1p2/Tera?
Also, how about sibilance on Ref 1? Any improvement there vs 1p2 which does have some sibilance, especially on warmer recordings - Louis Armstrong "What A Wonderful World" is a very obvious example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back