Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #211 of 4,426
The more I listen to these things the more I love them. 

Was listening to my Sig DJ for a bit before Ref. 1. They sound like trash compared to this.

May 7, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #212 of 4,426
Looks quite similar in dimension except for the Ref 1 being slightly smaller with a slight bulge on the stem going towards the ear tip.

The Tralucent logo on Ref 1's faceplate looks a lot fainter than on 1plus2. Is that intended?

Yes. The logo is silver font on the gold carbon plate and quite difficult to read in real life too.

May 7, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #213 of 4,426
  Yes. The logo is silver font on the gold carbon plate and quite difficult to read in real life too.

Wow, now that you mentioned that I see it. The patterns on the carbon fiber plate are gold instead of the shiny blacks of 1plus2.

May 7, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #214 of 4,426

Wow, now that you mentioned that I see it. The patterns on the carbon fiber plate are gold instead of the shiny blacks of 1plus2.

Yep.  They are in different colors.

May 7, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #215 of 4,426

In fact they look a lot better in reality than from these pics... even the silver logo is rather nicely done.  

May 7, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #216 of 4,426
Are the cable connectors the same as for 1plus2? Or is there a difference?

May 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #217 of 4,426
Are the cable connectors the same as for 1plus2? Or is there a difference?

Same.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the earpiece plug is straight for the Ref 1 instead of angled in the case of 1plus2. But it is still 2 pins recessed type.

May 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #218 of 4,426
Same.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the earpiece plug is straight for the Ref 1 instead of angled in the case of 1plus2. But it is still 2 pins recessed type.

From flymetothemoons pictures, I still see the L shaped angled connector for his Ref 1? Fly, can you confirm?

Also, did it include ortofon tips? I couldn't see any in the pics.

Thanks =D

May 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #219 of 4,426
  From flymetothemoons pictures, I still see the L shaped angled connector for his Ref 1? Fly, can you confirm?

Thanks =D

Gavin did mentioned he probably is moving to straight connectors when I demo'ed so maybe newer stocks are supplied with straight ones.  I believe straight ones attach more securely than the L-shape one (at least for my 1plus2 sockets).  Some of us was having trouble of the L-shape connectors not secured enough for the 1p2.

May 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #220 of 4,426

Thanks =D

That is my old Tralucent Silver with L-shape connector.

May 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #221 of 4,426
May 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #222 of 4,426
No one tells me 
frown.gif

May 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #223 of 4,426
Ref 1 Initial Impression :

Running time : 3-4 hours only

Gear : AK240
Cable : Tralucent New Silver (L-shape connector) & Uber (L-shape connector)

Low :
It sounds like a headphone, not an IEM.  The sub bass from Titanic's first track was speechless...interpret this passage with relaxed ease.  Impressive.

Mid (Vocals) :
Harry Belefonte's at Carnegie Hall/Day O & Jamaica Farewell
- wow...the voice from his throat...richer than 1plus2
- imagining precision in an airy hall

Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley - Field of Gold
She was just sitting in front of you and I was just immersed in music

High :
The airiness expands one more  dimension when compared to 1Plus2, detail but not aggressive.  Silver's performance was good but Uber opens up a whole new world.

I can't imagine how the phones would perform after some hours on it.  The above just the impressions in a very early stage of a run-in period.  

May 7, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #224 of 4,426
Can you show a side-by-side picture of the 2 cable connectors?

I don't have the new cables. Sorry. 

The 2nd pair of Ref.1 should deliver to its new owner by now or tomorrow.  Or maybe he could post the new connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back