Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,217 of 4,426

The Ref.1 sounds like it may be the ticket. When  reviewed the 1p2, I thought it lacked true prowess in the midrange. For me, the mids are what glue the sound together, and the 1p2 fell short there. If the Ref.1 is somehow a combination of the ASG-2 and 1p2, I may need to start selling a few things.

Stop injecting poison into my veins my friend!
tongue_smile.gif
I don't have money to buy it and I don't have anything to sell at the moment (well who would buy SE5way?).

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,218 of 4,426
Am i the only one that has no probs with the tips, i tried two of the stock ones, both perfect, no sound difference.
Feeling no need to try anything else

I'm just saying do experiment with all options you have, because I had been using stock for a good while thinking they offered the best sound. But I decided to try Dita medium opening (reference) ones again (after having given them a quick try early on), and this time they were clearly better than the stock tips. I got a nice unexpected bump up in SQ, which is very nice. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #1,219 of 4,426
I'm just saying do experiment with all options you have, because I had been using stock for a good while thinking they offered the best sound. But I decided to try Dita medium opening (reference) ones again (after having given them a quick try early on), and this time they were clearly better than the stock tips. I got a nice unexpected bump up in SQ, which is very nice. 

I guess ill experiment at some point too.
For now it seems all good, but this is truly the trouble with universals, tips change sound drastically:)

Jul 27, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #1,220 of 4,426
Am i the only one that has no probs with the tips, i tried two of the stock ones, both perfect, no sound difference.

I didn't hear any difference either. I tried a few different tips, they all fit perfectly for me. no difference in sound. I didn't try and double flange tips yet though. try them later if I have time.

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #1,221 of 4,426
I agree with @cn11 better eartips like ortofon yields better sound than the stock ones, i think mainly due to fit and it affects the imaging and allowing u insert deeper would give you better bass impact and clearer sound.
Now, waiting for thr JVC tips to come from Tokyo hopefully this week

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #1,222 of 4,426
Gotta post here and just publicly thank Gavin for the Ref 1. Just received my pair Friday. So pumped!

I've been listening a bit here and there, still giving the Ref1 time to burn in. It's been 48 hours so far. They do sound awesome right now.......not sure of what IEMs seem to settle in at. 100 hrs? I believe my IE800's benefited and warmed up considerably after many hours and some of the harshness of the upper frequency spectrum went away. Anyways, just another happy camper added to the list satisfied customers of Gavin's fine audio line of products. Next up on my list? The "Uber". I keep telling myself this is it. Next thing you know, I'm reasoning out how and why I need it. Oh the things I do for me. :xf_eek:

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #1,223 of 4,426

Stop injecting poison into my veins my friend!
tongue_smile.gif
I don't have money to buy it and I don't have anything to sell at the moment (well who would buy SE5way?).

Hopeful you'll able to save enough and place your order soon.

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #1,224 of 4,426
I agree with @cn11 better eartips like ortofon yields better sound than the stock ones, i think mainly due to fit and it affects the imaging and allowing u insert deeper would give you better bass impact and clearer sound.

Same here.  Using Ortofon with good comfort and performance.

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #1,226 of 4,426

There is vendor on Ebay selling JVC spiral dots.  I bought S/M/L.  Cheers

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #1,229 of 4,426
Gotta post here and just publicly thank Gavin for the Ref 1. Just received my pair Friday. So pumped!

I've been listening a bit here and there, still giving the Ref1 time to burn in. It's been 48 hours so far. They do sound awesome right now.......not sure of what IEMs seem to settle in at. 100 hrs? I believe my IE800's benefited and warmed up considerably after many hours and some of the harshness of the upper frequency spectrum went away. Anyways, just another happy camper added to the list satisfied customers of Gavin's fine audio line of products. Next up on my list? The "Uber". I keep telling myself this is it. Next thing you know, I'm reasoning out how and why I need it. Oh the things I do for me.
redface.gif

Congrats! would be cool to have your take on the differences between the ie 800 and ref 1?

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #1,230 of 4,426
  Hopeful you'll able to save enough and place your order soon.

Considering my situation, I don't think it will happen anytime soon mate, but thanks for the nice wishes.

You should not sell for anything...

You are right, once the fit issues are solved, this a reference ciem that nothing can best it. I am sending it back to Peter today again for small adjustments. Gonna miss those bad boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back