Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #647 of 4,426

2. However, the Ref1 with gold/silver is still more refined and musical than 1plus2 with uber

Well, this did it for me. I ordered Ref 1 as I've always wondered what uber would sound like with my 1plus2 - but I mostly listen on the go so uber would not be practical which is how until now I managed to convince myself to save some money 
biggrin.gif
If someone told me a year ago my $1500 (or whatever was the exact cost) 1plus2 would become my backup iem a year later I would have told them to get their had examined. 
Now I should probably get my head examined - especially since strangely I have no regret about spending the money - that's how amazing 1plus2 has been with my Tera.
Now the only thing left is to get another Tera to back up my current one and I'm all set for many years to come 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #650 of 4,426

.... I've always wondered what uber would sound like with my 1plus2 - but I mostly listen on the go so uber would not be practical which is how until now I managed to convince myself to save some money 
biggrin.gif

Nice try. I used to think that was a legit excuse until I actually started using my Uber everywhere: me and my Uber walk 1-2 miles everyday. As long as you don't stuff it into a pocket it works fine out and about. Sure I could switch to a lesser cable, but after becoming hopelessly addicted to it, I can't really think of a reason not to take it outside.

I 'wear it' down my back with the plug going into the DAP in my front pocket....no stress on Uber...it's just hanging free. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #651 of 4,426

Nice try. I used to think that was a legit excuse until I actually started using my Uber everywhere: me and my Uber walk 1-2 miles everyday. As long as you don't stuff it into a pocket it works fine out and about. Sure I could switch to a lesser cable, but after becoming hopelessly addicted to it, I can't really think of a reason not to take it outside.

I 'wear it' down my back with the plug going into the DAP in my front pocket....no stress on Uber...it's just hanging free. 

Good thing for my wallet that you did not post that before Ref 1 came out as it would have probably convinced me to get uber.
However it seems from reading some earlier posts in this thread that the uber SQ improvement/advantage is far less pronounced with the Ref 1 than with 1plus2.

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #652 of 4,426

Good thing for my wallet that you did not post that before Ref 1 came out as it would have probably convinced me to get uber.
However it seems from reading some earlier posts in this thread that the uber SQ improvement/advantage is far less pronounced with the Ref 1 than with 1plus2.

Uber can deliver something that both stock Silver & Silver/Gold cannot [even with the Ref.1]  and whether that justified such cost investment is very up to yourself LOL.

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #654 of 4,426
Just pressed the button. Ordered with stock.
Be so interesting to see the difference uBer makes and to compare the two.
Of course, can't wait.

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #655 of 4,426
Of course, can't wait.

Congrats man! Looking forward to your impressions!!

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #656 of 4,426
Of course, can't wait.

Stock silver or gold/silver?

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #658 of 4,426

Which is better?

When I bought the 1Plus2 stock silver was my pick over the stock gold/silver.  Have not auditioned the Ref.1 with gold/silver and thus not knowing which is better.  But I've heard that now Ref.1 can only order with gold/silver or uber. 

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #659 of 4,426
  When I bought the 1Plus2 stock silver was my pick over the stock gold/silver.  Have not auditioned the Ref.1 with gold/silver and thus not knowing which is better.  But I've heard that now Ref.1 can only order with gold/silver or uber. 

But with the 1Plus2, why did you prefer the former over the latter?

Was the difference that significant?

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #660 of 4,426
But with the 1Plus2, why did you prefer the former over the latter?

Was the difference that significant?

I think it was down to personal taste...my home system is biased towards the "monitor" sound and is highly analytical...to which the silver gives me similar impressions over the gold silver. For some wants a warmer sound might go for the gold silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back