Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Nov 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #2,357 of 4,426
Yeah i am loving the sound.
Just coming from customs/mentor universal the fit is a little fiddly. I have no comfort issues, just getting a consistant seal etc.

They really are something though.

Probably have 50 hours on them already haha.

Scott

Fit is definitely an issue. I have to readjust a little more than I like. But that sound...

I am wearing my Ref 1  listening to Hi-Rez Rush 2112 for the hell of it.... AND I can shake my head from size to side - probably do jumping jacks and it won't dislodge these babies...

A solid seal and lock-down placement in my ears..... And it isn 't ear rape with triples - but it does require a strong fingernail....

I de-core Westone Tru-Fit Foams - for me the "Large - with Orange Core" - once neatly removed, the tip slides down on the Ref1 Nozzle - then roll the tip (toward the IEM so the material isn't as likely to block the sound bore) and then into the ear. When if expands it fills the canal all the way and locks it into place... I am going to need some more time to see if it is having an effect on soundstage and high frequencies - but the simple fact it is locked into place is a benefit for me....

I can pull the IEM out of my ear and the yip stays with the Ref 1.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #2,358 of 4,426
I am wearing my Ref 1  listening to Hi-Rez Rush 2112 for the hell of it.... AND I can shake my head from size to side - probably do jumping jacks and it won't dislodge these babies...

A solid seal and lock-down placement in my ears..... And it isn 't ear rape with triples - but it does require a strong fingernail....

I de-core Westone Tru-Fit Foams - for me the "Large - with Orange Core" - once neatly removed, the tip slides down on the Ref1 Nozzle - then roll the tip (toward the IEM so the material isn't as likely to block the sound bore) and then into the ear. When if expands it fills the canal all the way and locks it into place... I am going to need some more time to see if it is having an effect on soundstage and high frequencies - but the simple fact it is locked into place is a benefit for me....

I can pull the IEM out of my ear and the yip stays with the Ref 1.

Nice.
I tried some foams but found it closed the sound in too much. Half the reason I went for the ref1s was the 'big' sound and I found it really closes them in.
The fit was far more secure and consistant though I must say.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #2,359 of 4,426
I'm going to agree with you a bit - I think I need to Frankenstein it a bit - I'll report back 
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #2,361 of 4,426
Haha look forward to it.
I even had some old comply wraps from when i bought my jh's

I tried those but they didn't quite have enough meat on them to get a seal. Not surprising really considering they are too add that little bit more to an already custom fit.

You'd think with a custom fit you wouldn't need these things :p. I used ear lube initially unil my ears adapted to the SE5s. It can still be used to help with seal/fit/comfort. Just make sure not to get into the sound tubes.

On the Ref 1s the Spiral dots still take first place. The Custom fit sounds interesting too.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #2,362 of 4,426
You'd think with a custom fit you wouldn't need these things :p. I used ear lube initially unil my ears adapted to the SE5s. It can still be used to help with seal/fit/comfort. Just make sure not to get into the sound tubes.

On the Ref 1s the Spiral dots still take first place. The Custom fit sounds interesting too.

Yeah I have certainly never needed the wraps with my ciems. The thought of it hurts my ears haha.

Yeah I may have to try get my hands on some jvc tips.

I am using them at the moment with some silicone tips that come with my um mentors. I find them comfy, very soft but a very good seal.

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #2,367 of 4,426
Anyone who has the new uber also own the old uber?  Would like to get some comments on both cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back