Brainwavz R3 Review
Dec 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #16 of 29
Aug 11, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #25 of 29
The new r3's do not have wire on the ear pieces, so they are a pain to fit.  The cable is heavy and has a connector piece about 4 inches from where the cable connects to the main body.  They are extremely difficult to connect over the ear, and a little too heavy to connect under the ear.  While these came free with my ibasso dx50, part of me wonders if they were putting them in the package to clear stock.

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #26 of 29
The R3 does definitely need a thinner cable.  It can definitely be burdensome :/  

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #27 of 29
Well, I am still struggling to get these to fit properly.  However, I am now using the foam tips provided from another brainwavz purchase and they fit better but it is still a struggle - and I did not really want to use foamies.  However the other single and biflange tips just fall out due to the weight of the earpiece.  I find it a constant reapply due to losing the seal.  I am liking the sound, but the fit is terrible.  The store I purchased them from did not seem to care to much, however.  shame, as I have always had good dealings with them in the past.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #28 of 29
  Well, I am still struggling to get these to fit properly.  However, I am now using the foam tips provided from another brainwavz purchase and they fit better but it is still a struggle - and I did not really want to use foamies.  However the other single and biflange tips just fall out due to the weight of the earpiece.  I find it a constant reapply due to losing the seal.  I am liking the sound, but the fit is terrible.  The store I purchased them from did not seem to care to much, however.  shame, as I have always had good dealings with them in the past.

That is a shame as I haven't had any fit problems

Yeah, they seem awkward, but once they are in, you barely notice them. 

Jul 27, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #29 of 29
I took the filters out of my R3s and they now sound much better - stunning in fact.

Hi There - just got the R3 supercheap second hand.... I usually like bright and slightly v-shaped sounds... so this one doesn't sound overly interesting to me... somewhat muffled.... in case I wanted to try - how do you remove the 'filter'?
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back