Brainwavz R1 Review
Jun 20, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #751 of 794
I'm a little disappointed because I've read of that method to be asked then to ship them back. Will email and see of its possible to do it that way

Let us know what they say mate.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #752 of 794
Quote:
I'm a little disappointed because I've read of that method to be asked then to ship them back. Will email and see of its possible to do it that way

Had to ship my broken pair back as well a while ago.. Ended up costing me about as much as a new pair when they were on sale a week before... (Shipped from NL)

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #753 of 794
That's my exact problem! I got them in the very first batch with a promo price and free shipping. Hopefully they'll respond today!

Will do Lifted!

EDIT: Sadly destroying the IEM and sending proof isn't an option anymore. Only accept proper returns. Might go down to the Post office and see how much it'll be to just send it in a standard envelope!

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #756 of 794
Quote:
How are the R1 compared to MH1C ? regarding sub-bass, long decay ?

I do have both since about 1 year
No comparison reg. bass/sub-bass, the winner is R1,
but MH1C is not worse than R1 , sound is more laid back,
mids and treble are more pleasant to me.
Big downside of MH1c is the fu#%ing cord :wink:

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #757 of 794
Quote:
How are the R1 compared to MH1C ? regarding sub-bass, long decay ?

Been using the R1 (on and off) for a few days now. Probably my favorite Brainwavz phone so far. 

I've not had a chance to compare to the MH1C yet, but right off the bat I can tell the R1s have a lot more mid bass, and more bass boost over  all lower frequencies. I can't talk about quanlity until I A/B. The MH1C are a much more balanced signature however.  

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #760 of 794
I've had mine for about 9 months. Listening to these, they are good enough that they don't make me want to reach for my more expencive pairs of IEMs.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #761 of 794
Yeah , R1 V.1 have horrible cable/strain relief build that may break in a couple of months and a lot of driver flex when inserted, not an uncommon issue. I have no experience with V.2 which is said to be better built for it has memory wire and properly buit strain reliefs but the housing is the same so they probably suffer some driver flex issues when inserted as well.

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #762 of 794
Quote:
Yeah , R1 V.1 have horrible cable/strain relief build that may break in a couple of months and a lot of driver flex when inserted, not an uncommon issue. I have no experience with V.2 which is said to be better built for it has memory wire and properly buit strain reliefs but the housing is the same so they probably suffer some driver flex issues when inserted as well.

Strain reliefs are exactly the same, but they're not as fragile anymore due to the memorywire. 
Driverflex is the same (I used to have a pair of V1, got 2x V2 now), but it doesn't really bother me since I use the Comply Foam tips.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #763 of 794
Very much enjoying these with chamber music.
Other headphones I've tried (RE262, AD2000X) fail to generate the same effect of depth of sound specifically on cello and double bass.
However, I would not use these for symphonic works as the sound becomes way too muffled on the low end.

Got these as a gift with my Fiio X3 and I'm pleasantly surprised :)
Currently using the comply foams supplied with them.

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #764 of 794
I've got the R1 2 weeks ago and I've got to say that I am not liking anything about the sound. Whenever I am using it, be it with my ipod, my htc one, or my colorfly c4, I am still yearning for it to sound better than my stock iem for htc one or the monoprice 8320. Maybe I am expecting too much from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back