Brainwavz R1 Review
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #676 of 794
Aww I would love to swap mine for the new version.

I think the mic is way too high on the older ones. :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #679 of 794
Alright, I'm just about to order these. Any last minute input? I listen to a lot of technical metalcore like Born of Osiris, pop punk like the Wonder Years, and alternative rap sorta like Kid Cudi. I've noticed that earbuds with too much bass ruin this music but I like tight punchy bass that I can still feel though. Are these my best bet?

PLEASE REPLY SOON, I don't want the sale to end on me ):

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #680 of 794
These are pretty bassy, imo. I don't find it overpowering or anything, but it isn't exactly the tightest bass either. I love them, personally, but I can't say that they'll necessarily be your best bet - I don't think you can really beat them for the price, though.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #681 of 794
... New updated versions?

Any hope of a swap in for my 1 month 1 week plus old V1 mic'ed R1s, MP4Nation?

Oh just for the record. I ordered another one anyway, because they're so bloody good for the price.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #682 of 794
Hi everyone!

Today I got my own pair and I can't say how much excited I am with these babies!

I have a question though for you guys.

As soon as I got them, I pulled off the tips they came with to tamper with the others provided in order to get the best seal possible. What I saw underneath the tips when I pulled them off is, that on the right monitor the transparent-white filter(?) seemed misplaced or even damaged compared with the one on the left earpiece. I have to say that -whatever I tried or tested-, this does not affect sound quality in any way. Sound is brilliant and absolutely ballanced between the 2 earpieces. I haven't noticed the slightest sonic difference between the 2 monitors.

After that, I decided I won't bother to send them back for a replacement. The only thing that fears me and makes me sceptical is that when I'll have to clean them from wax, the earpiece with the misplaced/damaged filter might be difficult to get cleaned properly due to its bigger depth (under the little filter).

Anyone wanting to share thoughts on this one?

Thanks. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #684 of 794
Just got these badboys in the morning, free 2 day Fedex shipping is awsome. The case that comes with it is really nice and  sturdy, containing a bunch of cool accessories. The headphones themselves are great but its gonna take me some time to get used to wearing them over the ear style. 

BTW, the top piece of plastic on the right earbud fell off as I was changing tips, can I glue it back on, or should I return them? 

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #685 of 794
I'm glad you like them - time and music will only make them better. If there is nothing else wrong with the earphones, I would just glue them back with a SMALL amount of superglue. When Brainwavz replaces stuff because of faults, they usually just ask you to destroy them and send photographic evidence that you did so. If the 'phones are fine otherwise, then there isn't much point. And if you got a pair without driver flex, covet them :).

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #686 of 794
Quote:
I'm glad you like them - time and music will only make them better. If there is nothing else wrong with the earphones, I would just glue them back with a SMALL amount of superglue. When Brainwavz replaces stuff because of faults, they usually just ask you to destroy them and send photographic evidence that you did so. If the 'phones are fine otherwise, then there isn't much point. And if you got a pair without driver flex, covet them
smily_headphones1.gif

What about my prbl; Is it something I should be worried about? Thanks. :)

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #687 of 794
I'll be selling my R1s soon, so anyone that wants them in UK feel free to PM me.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #688 of 794
When I got my Shure SE215's, I handed my Klipsch S4's to my son, who is almost 12.

Well, being a kid and not careful, he finally broke the cable. No sound from either channel. So, we talked and decided the R1's would do him nicely. He had just enough leftover Christmas money. :D Ordered tonight. I sure am glad he wasn't careful. I get another toy to mess with.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #689 of 794
What about my prbl; Is it something I should be worried about? Thanks. :)

EDIT: Wait, responded to completely the wrong person. What was your problem?

EDIT 2: oh, I saw now. I... Dont know what filters you're talking about. Is it mesh to prevent earwax getting in? Well, the first release of these didn't even come with earwax guards. Just make sure your ear-gunk doesn't get inside and it should be fine.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #690 of 794
Thanks very much for your help.
Yes, I'm talking about those earwax guards, white in colour, placed at the edge of the nozzles. When you pull off the tips they are revealed. One is a bit misplaced/damaged/torn. Don't know. Anyway, it doesn't seem much of a problem as far as it doesn't effect the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back