Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #376 of 794
Quote:
Thanks! I'll have to get more educated about tips. And, I'll have to look into those sony hybrids.

Unfortunately the hybrids don't work on the R1s...they slip off the nozzle too easy.  They didn't put a ridge on the nozzle to keep them on like they do the other headphones in the brainwavz line.  Must be because they are made of plastic instead of metal.

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #377 of 794
Quote:

Unfortunately the hybrids don't work on the R1s...they slip off the nozzle too easy.  They didn't put a ridge on the nozzle to keep them on like they do the other headphones in the brainwavz line.  Must be because they are made of plastic instead of metal.

Hybrid will work but you have to use it with caution as hybrids are too shallow, it won't go deep enough, so only for people with small ears

Beside the Comply foam, I have had big success with UE's silicone, Monster super tips, or if you can get your hands on Shure's silicone, that gives me the best seal.

It won't be hard to find different tips as the size is very generic, even VSONIC's silicone will work great...

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #378 of 794
Quote:

+1

Yep my M5 gives me zero driver flex too, maybe you have a faulty M5 mate?

My M5s also have some driver flex. I suspect I might be due to some glue or something smeared over the small opening in the housing near the nozzle.. Tried poking a hole through it (suggested by MP4Nation) but didn't have much luck. Anyway, I "fixed" it by using the comply foam tips that came with it.

Oct 26, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #379 of 794
Mine arrived this morning, really impressed with the packaging and accessories at this price level.

img20121026114424.jpg
img20121026115217.jpg

So far the Brainwavz R1s are doing well on the sound quality front too. Stereo separation is good, bass is rumbling but not too overpowering. Mids are slightly recessed, this IEM def has a slightly V shaped signature.

Which is good for electronic music obviously. So I'm happy so far! :D

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #380 of 794
So I received my R1's earlier in the week. I am very happy with them.
I had to switch over to the comply foam tips and they fit better and provided better sound.

At times voice and songs seem a bit distant. The more I use them the better they seem to sound.

To bad dragon2knight dipped out. Your review was good and I have no regrets about this purchase.

I am new to "this" forum but not forums in general. This is how things can go man, people are going to have varying opinions and there are gonna be dudes who wanna razzle you.

Mp4 nation seems solid as do these IEMS for the price range. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #381 of 794
+1 One the comply foam tips.

I've tried both the original flangers and the foam ones today and the latter definitely feel more comfortable, as well as produce slightly fuller sound. :)

Definitely not regretting buying these. :D

Thanks to dragon2knight for recommendation! For £23 including delivery was a steal for these.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #382 of 794
Quote:

Hmmm? My Sony hybrids fit perfectly on the R1 and don't slip off at all. Interesting. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #383 of 794
Mine arrived this morning, really impressed with the packaging and accessories at this price level.
img20121026114424.jpg
img20121026115217.jpg

So far the Brainwavz R1s are doing well on the sound quality front too. Stereo separation is good, bass is rumbling but not too overpowering. Mids are slightly recessed, this IEM def has a slightly V shaped signature.

I notice you got the Mic and remote headset, what device are you using them with, I've been having issues with it on my HTC one s

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #384 of 794
Quote:
Hmmm? My Sony hybrids fit perfectly on the R1 and don't slip off at all. Interesting. 

I wonder if it's because I've been using the particular set of hybrids on my Soundmagic e30s previously.  I wonder if their nozzle is slightly wider, thus stretching mine out.  Hmmm...will have to try another pair.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #385 of 794
After fumbling with these, I finally figured out how to get these to sit still in my ears... I wish I didn't have to use the Complys to get the best fit though. :frowning2:

So far, for the price I am definitely impressed. When I took it out of the shipping box I was immediately impressed by the packaging, they seem to up the ante every time I get an IEM from them.

Oct 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #386 of 794
Quote:
 When I took it out of the shipping box I was immediately impressed by the packaging, they seem to up the ante every time I get an IEM from them.

Yes, the packaging is nice! Also nice not to have to go all "Larry David" on it LOL!:

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #388 of 794
img20121026114424.jpg
img20121026115217.jpg

I notice you got the Mic and remote headset, what device are you using them with, I've been having issues with it on my HTC one s

Using them with my one x and they work fine.

What kind of problems are you having with them?

Spun out from my RenovateD and NCX'd HTC One X!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back