Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001
Nov 25, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #271 of 308
Weird. 

A cable from HK just took about 2 weeks to get to me in Australia. Could it be stuck in customs? 

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #272 of 308
Right? I've ordered things shipping from China many times and none of it took any longer than 2 weeks to get delivered. It's odd. I'll be sending an email to MP4Nation next week when I don't get it. Note that I said 'when' and not 'if'. I'm fairly doubtful that it'll actually show up at this point; nothing of this type of item should be held up for more than a few days in customs, it's preposterous. And here I was hoping my first foray with MP4Nation would go swimmingly......

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #273 of 308
  Right? I've ordered things shipping from China many times and none of it took any longer than 2 weeks to get delivered. It's odd. I'll be sending an email to MP4Nation next week when I don't get it. Note that I said 'when' and not 'if'. I'm fairly doubtful that it'll actually show up at this point; nothing of this type of item should be held up for more than a few days in customs, it's preposterous. And here I was hoping my first foray with MP4Nation would go swimmingly......

If it is posted by china post it is usually a lot longer though. I had something come after 65 days when I was sure it was lost. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #274 of 308
  If it is posted by china post it is usually a lot longer though. I had something come after 65 days when I was sure it was lost. 

Hi guys,
Just to clarify, our products are always shipped from HK, not China.
In case of any questions regarding shipping, you need to open a support ticket on MP4Nation. You will have a response within 24 hrs.
Thanks!

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #275 of 308
Hi guys,
Just to clarify, our products are always shipped from HK, not China.
In case of any questions regarding shipping, you need to open a support ticket on MP4Nation. You will have a response within 24 hrs.
Thanks!

Yeah infact its ezyparcels to be clear(for free shipping) just like singpost,where their system keep us posted about package whereabouts precisely......and MP4 uses free fedex pri intl for select items.

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #276 of 308
And maybe they might also use HK post for some destinations for cost effective way,but all of them MP4 have contract with,are hassle free from my experience.....

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #277 of 308
Yep, great shipping experiences all the time from them both free and paid. One of the better ones 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #278 of 308
Yeah infact its ezyparcels to be clear(for free shipping) just like singpost,where their system keep us posted about package whereabouts precisely......and MP4 uses free fedex pri intl for select items.

I think mine's an ezparcels tracked one (don't remember off the top of my head, but it was free so that should be it). Unfortunately, just like all other international tracking systems, it just has the tracking data up to the point when it leaves the origin country and I already reached that point 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, no need to fret! If it's not here in another week or so, I'm sure the issue can't be that hard to sort out with them. Back to the discussion!

How much success have people had pairing this with Havi B3 Pro? Also, I've heard that it's not neutral frequency pass-through, but adds just a little bit of bass and just wanted to get some clarity on that matter.

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #279 of 308
I think mine's an ezparcels tracked one (don't remember off the top of my head, but it was free so that should be it). Unfortunately, just like all other international tracking systems, it just has the tracking data up to the point when it leaves the origin country and I already reached that point 2 weeks ago.

Ok.....looks like something wrong.....it shd'nt be 2 weeks long,to show destination country's customs warehouse clearance....

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #280 of 308

Just received it. Pairing it with H6 boost back what was missing and it kind of improved transparency (in comparison to iPhone 4) when paired with ATH-M50. Strange thought, I have no power on/off issue but the clipping noise is bad with my phone. :frowning2:

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #281 of 308
Anyone else notice odd noises with these? I had mine for 3 days or so and it sounds a tad dirty. Like there is intermittent static. I think mine is faulty. Also, did everyone get the advertised 12 hours of battery life? mine seem to have died at 8 or so. Driving AKG Q701 and some power hungry earphones.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #282 of 308
  Anyone else notice odd noises with these? I had mine for 3 days or so and it sounds a tad dirty. Like there is intermittent static. I think mine is faulty. Also, did everyone get the advertised 12 hours of battery life? mine seem to have died at 8 or so. Driving AKG Q701 and some power hungry earphones.

They managed to get up to 12 hours, driving two IEMs with varying impedances (one is 16 ohms, the other is 32 ohms). I don't have any power-hungry IEMs or cans, so I can't say how they do on those types of cans.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #283 of 308
Yeah, sounds like mine has issues. The signal simply isn't clean on mine. I tried my Fiio E5 on the same source and track. Clean signal from the amp. Not from the AP001 though. I might have to send mine back... sucks since it took 3 weeks to get here. 

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #284 of 308
Yeah, sounds like mine has issues. The signal simply isn't clean on mine. I tried my Fiio E5 on the same source and track. Clean signal from the amp. Not from the AP001 though. I might have to send mine back... sucks since it took 3 weeks to get here. 

Hmm... Are you using a smartphone or iTouch? If so, turn your device into airplane mode and see it fades away. :) I believe its EMI. I have it too on my unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back