Brainwavz M3 quality? a change from the se215
May 16, 2011 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

muad

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently got into my program so i will be in school for the next few years so I decided to get rid of my AKG k701's and get something portable. I loved how real instruments sounded on them and the separation was amazing but the music was too thin and it gave me pressure headaches. I decided to get the shure se215 last week, and I think im going to return them. They're a little too congested on busier tracks to be considered well rounded and there is a lack of treble presence. The biggest thing is there seems to be quality control issue and I don't need the headache. $100 should get you some decent quality.

So i was looking at options, of which there seems to be too many. I want to keep it under 100 and so the re0/zero, and brainwavz M3 caught my attention. The re0 sounds too much like my k701 so they're out. The zero has mixed reviews. The brainwavz M3 seem to be pretty well rounded. Im looking for a balanced full sound. With nice clarity and some separation. The info that I cant seem to find is about quality. Has anyone had any problems with them?

BTW my musical tastes range from the Muse, Florence and the machine, the national etc

thanks

May 16, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 5
I am pretty sure that you will be happy with the m3s. They are fantatic all around iems that handle pretty much everything I throw at them. The one and only downside is that they dont work great at the gym because they are pretty microphonic wearing them down and wearing them up is tough without a chin slider.

May 16, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 5
Shirt clip should solve microphonics issue
wink_face.gif

May 16, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I am pretty sure that you will be happy with the m3s. They are fantatic all around iems that handle pretty much everything I throw at them. The one and only downside is that they dont work great at the gym because they are pretty microphonic wearing them down and wearing them up is tough without a chin slider.

If you want a chin slider, consider just using an O-ring, or maybe a small rubber band or washer. For instance, try this link. http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=cbpb26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back