Brainwavz M2 and Fiio E7 combo from mp4nationusa question.
Feb 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Taybear

New Head-Fier
Hi all.  I've been searching through these forums for an extended period of time and ran across many multiple reviews of the Brainwavz M2.  When I noticed on mp4nationusa that they had the combo deal with the E7 amp for $109, I jumped on it.  I just received them tonight and have been listening to them for a few hours, and I've got to say I'm kind of disappointed thus far.  I'm definitely not an audiophile, and this is my first pair of IEM's, but they sound extremely flat to me.  

My other pair of headphones are Senn 595's, and obviously they are widely considered a neutral set of cans, but a major knock on them is how they lack in bass.  They sound like monsters compared to these things (I know it's not really fair to compare over ear and IEM's, but I'm pretty new to all of this...

I've tried running the M2's through my Zune without being amped, and through the E7 hooked up USB on my computer.  I've tried messing with EQ settings on Winamp, and on my Zune, and I just feel that they are extremely flat...  

I'm just wondering for people who have them if the "burn in" period is critical on these things?  I guess I just expected much more from them right off the bat.  Maybe my ears just need to adjust to them since I've never owned a pair of IEM's and I'm so used to the over the ear cans.

Also, just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and say that everyone on these forums appears to be very informative and friendly.  I'm planning on sticking around for quite a while.. :)

Thanks everyone.

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Update:  I would have deleted this thread, but am currently looking for an option to delete.  After shoving them all the way into my ears, they sound phenomenal.  So, ignore the above post and I'm currently looking for a way to delete this..

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 4
I'd like to reply to this thread.
Main question is: does it worth it??? M2 is a great option for under 100$ IEMs, but does it worth with an portable amp that is E7? is there a significant increse in the SQ or not?
thanks in advance, if anyone replies to this :)

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd like to reply to this thread.
Main question is: does it worth it??? M2 is a great option for under 100$ IEMs, but does it worth with an portable amp that is E7? is there a significant increse in the SQ or not?
thanks in advance, if anyone replies to this :)

BUMP

I have a similar question.  I have the M2 and I was wondering if it was worth spending money on getting an E7 (or comparable AMP/DACs like the LEAR FSM-01 or iBasso D0)?

I primarily use my M2 with an ipod (I'd be willing to get an LOD) and my laptop on-board audio-out.

On a related note, I was also looking into getting a pair of the best over-ear headphones under $75 I could get (maybe the Samson SR850).  So nothing too fancy, but not bad either.  Would they benefit from a AMP/DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back