Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
Feb 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #406 of 452

never seen them at that price

Cuz you need to read the Discovery Thread.
wink.gif

Been posted to death!!!
deadhorse.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #407 of 452
Cuz you need to read the Discovery Thread. :wink:

Been posted to death!!! :deadhorse:

That's just asking for the ban hammer again... Where are they found?

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #408 of 452
That's just asking for the ban hammer again... Where are they found?

^ Read no need to post fool!!! We don't like ya' there anyways.
tongue.gif

The seller seems legit according reseller ratings...

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000991/1083600-ha-fx3x-xtreme-xplosives-xx-in-ear-treble-earphone

edit: oh btw they are $10s now.
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #409 of 452

^ Read no need to post fool!!! We don't like ya' there anyways.
tongue.gif

The seller seems legit according reseller ratings...

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000991/1083600-ha-fx3x-xtreme-xplosives-xx-in-ear-treble-earphone

edit: oh btw they are $10s now.
wink.gif

i dont know about them.  Looks like a focalprice or dealextreme site.  Has "bootleg" coming from them.

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #410 of 452

i dont know about them.  Looks like a focalprice or dealextreme site.  Has "bootleg" coming from them.

^ Welp all those reviews say they are legit and it states it comes with the retail package so....... Someone gots to take one for the team to see. Don't care for these FX3Xs no mos so it is all you meng. NO PRESSURE THOUGH. :)

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #411 of 452

^ Welp all those reviews say they are legit and it states it comes with the retail package so....... Someone gots to take one for the team to see. Don't care for these FX3Xs no mos so it is all you meng. NO PRESSURE THOUGH. :)

i was hoping they were from amazon or somewhere like that.  Oh wells.  Just wanted some cheapie basshead iems to compare them to the higher end basshead iems.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #412 of 452
Hi. First time poster on head-fi here. I've been using the panasonic RPHJE120K earphones which I bought solely based on the Amazon reviews. I've recently come across these Brainwavz Delta earphones, and saw this thread here. I was wondering if upgrading to the Brainwavz Delta would be a worthy upgrade over the Panasonics?  

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #413 of 452
  Hi. First time poster on head-fi here. I've been using the panasonic RPHJE120K earphones which I bought solely based on the Amazon reviews. I've recently come across these Brainwavz Delta earphones, and saw this thread here. I was wondering if upgrading to the Brainwavz Delta would be a worthy upgrade over the Panasonics?  

Yes they are, I own both(actually a few sets of the Panasonic's 
wink_face.gif
, they are a great low cost IEM). The Delta's have a fuller sound to them, and are built light years ahead of the Panasonic's, well worth the extra 8 or so bucks for sure.

Dec 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #415 of 452
Ordered my Deltas a few days ago for only £8.89 (~$14). I have very little experience with audio but I'll be able to compare them with the very mid forward balanced armature sound of my XBA 1s, especially for fast and complex metal like The Faceless and Sikth.

I'm also thinking of getting some cheap generic bi/tri flange tips off amazon if I don't like the stock tips, also I can see how these perform with the Sony hybrid tips I've got too. Which tips have people found best so far? I'll probably try EQing these too, if anyone already has info on peaks which need taming that'd be very useful too.

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #416 of 452
Ordered my Deltas a few days ago for only £8.89 (~$14). I have very little experience with audio but I'll be able to compare them with the very mid forward balanced armature sound of my XBA 1s, especially for fast and complex metal like The Faceless and Sikth.

I'm also thinking of getting some cheap generic bi/tri flange tips off amazon if I don't like the stock tips, also I can see how these perform with the Sony hybrid tips I've got too. Which tips have people found best so far? I'll probably try EQing these too, if anyone already has info on peaks which need taming that'd be very useful too.

Yeah, I don't like the stock tips and I'll go for the meelec m6's single flange tips but the sony hybrids will be fine to. The deltas are not particularly peaky, so I don't think there's anything to tame but YMMV

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #417 of 452
  Yeah, I don't like the stock tips and I'll go for the meelec m6's single flange tips but the sony hybrids will be fine to. The deltas are not particularly peaky, so I don't think there's anything to tame but YMMV

+1, the treble is a bit on the grainy side, but it isn't peaky or particularly sibilant. Sounds very good for the price. The stock tips are ok for me, but the hybrids should be just fine for you if you need something else.

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #418 of 452

Yeah the stock tips are pretty awful, way too thin. The Hybrids fit so I'll use those. I listened to a sine wave and couldn't hear any obvious peaks, I'll check again after burn in as a little EQ can't hurt.

+1, the treble is a bit on the grainy side, but it isn't peaky or particularly sibilant. Sounds very good for the price. The stock tips are ok for me, but the hybrids should be just fine for you if you need something else.

I'm not sure what you mean by "grainy" as I'm not experienced, maybe I'll noticed once I've listened to them some more. Definitely not sibilant at all though. 

First impressions are very good, great build quality, fat cable even if the ones leading to each phone are a bit thin, stress reliefs and a solid lump of plastic on the plug, so I can't see these breaking any time soon. Came with a 1 year warranty too, if they do.

Sound seems quite bassy, probably just because I'm used to the mid BA sound of my XBAs. Funny driver flex popping, obviously didn't experience it with the XBAs cos they're BA but I hope it doesn't become a problem. Fit is very good, I much prefer the large nozzle and housing and shallow insertion rather than having to stuff the long thin XBAs as far in my head as possible to get a decent seal.

Currently playing a load of pink noise, will update with some proper listens later once I give them a proper go.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #419 of 452
Bought my sister the SoundMahgic E10's I think either last Christmas or the year before and they were ok. I thought they had a lot of high end sibalance. She said the audio was now beginning to go in and out due to the 3.5mm connector so I found these gems on Amazon and bought here a pair this year. I tired them out and love the easy, non fatiguing sound. Since I liked these I ordered myself a pair. Got the VSonic bi-flange tips on them. I own AT-M50's, ThinkSound Rains and V-Sonic GR02's. After owning the GR02's I began to not care for the Rain's as much, they sound very recessed in the mid to upper midrange IMO.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #420 of 452
Well my sisters pair broke at the ear stress relief already without any use. Ordered her some V-Sonic GR02's :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back