Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
Dec 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #391 of 452
  Hmmm for me the fx40s does some things better than these Deltas, more of a different flavor. The Deltas are more "refined" in that they are UNOFFENSIVE whatsoever in their sonic presentation, which makes them a bit bland as well. The fx40s on the other hand although sounds a bit leaner/ less full compared to the Deltas, they have better overall clarity and more micro details which is one of the traits i LOVE about these fx40s. They were my 1st set of iem that made me hear a HD/ higher resolution sound from my budget-fi sets, these Deltas has good clarity but it ain't to the same level as the fx40s give me. In other words I don't get a sense of HD sound from these Deltas.

Well, it isn't really fair coz the Deltas' are pretty smooth . The fx40 isn't really better  - a touch  smoother but that's it

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #392 of 452
rolleyes.gif
 LOL I see I've been sharing impression completely wasted again. I don't remember writing any of this. 
beerchug.gif
 Happy New Year!

Anyway, I guess my point was that the Deltas are pretty balanced, which is rare for this price range coz usually the manufacturers go for more fun and consumer-oriented sound. In that regard the fx40s are a lot more V-shaped and lacking in the mids in comparison. And while the Deltas also have a thinner note presentation they are smoother and more refined overall even though they are slightly grainy on top. The jvcs are just colder and brighter, which tricks some people that they are more detailed and crisp but I guess that's the type of sound that impresses a lot more people at first listen like with the gr02be.

Also the Deltas have better separation and positioning. They are actually pretty accurate for such a cheap iem. Overall, pretty good tuning. The R1s in comparison were quite peaky in the upper mids and the treble and had some weird resonance on top of all that, which was pretty annoying aside from being way too bassy for my taste.

As I said before (even though I don't remember it), the Deltas are winners in my book. Yeah, definitely not up there with the vsonics but these are cheaper, pretty balanced and with no glaring flaws or issues. I know that there will be people who like more bass and boosted highs but just because the Deltas don't have that doesn't make them any less impressive for me. The bass might be on the light side but extends well and the sub-bass is actually pretty good, the mids have good clarity and separation (actually these are clearer than the VSD1/S and separation and positioning-wise the VSD1LE isn't much better). Yeah, the timbre is a tad off and treble is a bit laid back and lacking in extension and sparkle but these are small issues for something that cost me like 17 bucks and I've heard a lot worse iems that cost a lot more, let alone something costing as less as the Deltas.

And yeah, there is the sony mh1/c, which as an overall performer still is superior but sound-wise they are quite different from the Deltas and the Deltas manage to sound cleaner with ease without the usual manufacturer's tricks of boosting the treble to boost the clarity. It kinda makes me wonder if Brainwavz got lucky with the driver and housing they picked for the Deltas to actually make a $20 iem that is better tuned than all of their other sub-$50 models.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #393 of 452
Finally kova's impressions have arrived, and definitely sound right! :D

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #394 of 452
Finally kova's impressions have arrived, and definitely sound right!
biggrin.gif

LOL I have to admit that I was probably going to postpone my impressions again if it wasn't for all the nonsense that I wrote last night. And yesterday I received these meelec iems (the rx12p and m16p) that I didn't remember ordering (that's probably why last night I felt the need to share that the rx12p has exactly the same tips as the Deltas) and while an average consumer might like them because of their bass, it was no surprise for me that the Deltas sound like high-end iems next to them

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #395 of 452
LOL I have to admit that I was probably going to postpone my impressions again if it wasn't for all the nonsense that I wrote last night. And yesterday I received these meelec iems (the rx12p and m16p) that I didn't remember ordering (that's probably why last night I felt the need to share that the rx12p has exactly the same tips as the Deltas) and while an average consumer might like them because of their bass, it was no surprise for me that the Deltas sound like high-end iems next to them

Haha maybe that's the only way you can think about the sound in a full and technical way.

I remember you saying you ordered that MEEwhat deal, but didin't actually remember doing it. Right now it sounds like money has been wasted on it and you should have just stuck with the Deltas lol

Jan 1, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #396 of 452
  yep. i agree. nothing mindblowing. nothing special. not deserving of it's own thread. meld this one with the pistons, she3580, rha one? sure. 

+

rolleyes.gif
 LOL I see I've been sharing impression completely wasted again. I don't remember writing any of this. 
beerchug.gif
 Happy New Year!

Anyway, I guess my point was that the Deltas are pretty balanced, which is rare for this price range coz usually the manufacturers go for more fun and consumer-oriented sound. In that regard the fx40s are a lot more V-shaped and lacking in the mids in comparison. And while the Deltas also have a thinner note presentation they are smoother and more refined overall even though they are slightly grainy on top. The jvcs are just colder and brighter, which tricks some people that they are more detailed and crisp but I guess that's the type of sound that impresses a lot more people at first listen like with the gr02be.

Also the Deltas have better separation and positioning. They are actually pretty accurate for such a cheap iem. Overall, pretty good tuning. The R1s in comparison were quite peaky in the upper mids and the treble and had some weird resonance on top of all that, which was pretty annoying aside from being way too bassy for my taste.

As I said before (even though I don't remember it), the Deltas are winners in my book. Yeah, definitely not up there with the vsonics but these are cheaper, pretty balanced and with no glaring flaws or issues. I know that there will be people who like more bass and boosted highs but just because the Deltas don't have that doesn't make them any less impressive for me. The bass might be on the light side but extends well and the sub-bass is actually pretty good, the mids have good clarity and separation (actually these are clearer than the VSD1/S and separation and positioning-wise the VSD1LE isn't much better). Yeah, the timbre is a tad off and treble is a bit laid back and lacking in extension and sparkle but these are small issues for something that cost me like 17 bucks and I've heard a lot worse iems that cost a lot more, let alone something costing as less as the Deltas.

And yeah, there is the sony mh1/c, which as an overall performer still is superior but sound-wise they are quite different from the Deltas and the Deltas manage to sound cleaner with ease without the usual manufacturer's tricks of boosting the treble to boost the clarity. It kinda makes me wonder if Brainwavz got lucky with the driver and housing they picked for the Deltas to actually make a $20 iem that is better tuned than all of their other sub-$50 models.

^ Yeppp pretty much agreed with what you have posted and i do enjoy these Deltas quite a bit. They are more of the "audiophile" grade cheapos for sure cuz peps that are more in this hobby seems to love that "flat" and "balanced" sound while typical consumers are more impressed with bassy sets as you stated that many cheapos seems to cater to.

I can enjoy both as well as many other different sound signatures as long as it is done right. But i would still put them in the same breath as the fx40s despite both differs in presentation. Both punches higher than their retail value BUT not THAT much higher especially with so much competition in the budget-fi arena these days and that the cost to performance ratio is constantly pushed to new limits. For $20 these Deltas are golden cuz of their balanced and unoffensive sound siggy, but once over $30 they will be competing with other heavy hitters like the RHAs, VSonics and many many more so.....

Oh and genuine JVC FX3Xs can be had for like $20 new these days, so if one is looking for a more refined set of bassy iems these are really sweet for the price. And if one is looking for light set of j-cord iems for running/ exercise in general the Philips SHE9700s sounds even more refined than these Deltas for $20 as well. Love their stock tips and they are my favorite/ best exercise iem with a clip/s to manage its J-cord that is. Like i said these Deltas are good but there are many other great sounding sets that goes for $20 these days just to put it into perspective that's all. :)

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #398 of 452
I got these ones this morning together as part of a promotion of mp4nation with the E18. WOW! 
blink.gif

I am pretty impressed with these considering they are only $20. I don't feel they are lacking bass. I was in the market for a pair of IEMs but couldn't decide. I am pretty happy I got these for free. I can live with these for a long while.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #399 of 452
The Deltas sound better than my hd215 full size headphones. I am still amazed at how flat the frequency response is with these and the imetal ear tips. These are one of my favorite iems. I just wished that they isolated more.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #400 of 452
the Delta's are average. My sister, who's boyfriend is a head-fi member, got them for me as a Christmas present, and they suck. I had the Monster Turbines for every day listening, and Sennheiser CX215's for gym, and they can't even beat my 215's. Seriously, who are you people trying to hoodwink? The bass is flabby when it wants to show up, and the rolled off treble makes for a boring listen with very little detail showing up. DJGeorge comparing them to Sennheiser HD215 cans? That's a joke. They might sound that way if they are broken and sold as is? I gave my sister these back, and she said she'd keep them, but it turns out she didn't like them over her Skullcandy Ink'd! LOLZ I'm thinking about these Pistons or JVX hafx3x? These seem to get more real hype. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I'm telling the truth. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #401 of 452
My sister's boyfriend has the Denon's and they are pretty good. Not enough bass for me, but still pretty clear and clean sounding with BUKKO details. He also has the dunu dn-1000 and Trumpets, and those are even better. The Denon's fit better for in my ears though. My sister likes the Trumpets. I don't like their fit. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #402 of 452
The Deltas sound very good, but only with my imetal tips. The sound with the stock tips is nowhere near the quality I am getting with the imetal proprietary tips. With the imetal tipd, I prefer my Deltas over the hd215, which I feel lack in treble and low end resolution. You should do some ear tip rolling before ranting and calling me out like I am a liar.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #403 of 452
The Deltas sound very good, but only with my imetal tips. The sound with the stock tips is nowhere near the quality I am getting with the imetal proprietary tips. With the imetal tipd, I prefer my Deltas over the hd215, which I feel lack in treble and low end resolution. You should do some ear tip rolling before ranting and calling me out like I am a liar.

+1

I don't think it is proper or nice ...calling someone opinion a joke. ..in the first place ...you got it for free and if you don't like it doesn't mean others feel the same about it ....I have the Deltas too...imho its okay for the price its going for coupled with its good build quality ...the sound might not suit everybody but different ears different perspective different preferred sound signature....and that is no joke. ..that's the truth.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #404 of 452
what happened to iemagnet?  

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #405 of 452

Users who are viewing this thread

Back