Brainwavz changed the WHOLE construction of Betas! Are they make their own fakes...? Edited: "Fake Beta from MP4nation..."
Jan 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #47 of 59
I see nothing smartassed about the comments. It's just stated matter-of-factly. But somehow it's ok to come on here and throw wild accusations without having hardly a clue as to what you're talking about?  Right. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #48 of 59

Quote:

I know I certainly won't be buying or recommending any of their products in the future, and will actually use this thread and those comments as a cautionary example.

All makers of product reserve the right to change their products. A certain component isn't available anymore, to improve them, or even to save cash etc. They are not required to give notice. AFAIK, Raz did give notice and was trying to improve the product.

I wouldn't use this thread as anything. The OP accused someone of faking their own phone! The OP said he is happy with the sound of his IEM! This thread is pretty much to do about nothing if you ask me.

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #49 of 59
Quote:
I see nothing smartassed about the comments. It's just stated matter-of-factly. But somehow it's ok to come on here and throw wild accusations without having hardly a clue as to what you're talking about?  Right. 

Certainly Garcsa's approach hasn't been the most tactful and he's a little too emotional/invested, but that is not an uncommon response for customers who feel they've been wronged.  As the consumer though, it is absolutely "OK" for him to present his evidence, thoughts, and opinions on what he feels could be a bit of a bait and switch.   A reputable company and representative would be polite and respectful even to the most irate individual.  I'm sure you've heard the old adage the customer is always right.  There aren't too many ways to interpret BW response IMO.  It was clearly intended to be a bit of a rude jab with an undeniable air of condescension, arrogance, and entitlement--otherwise it would have stopped after the brief explanation of the what/why.  There was no reason to dress it up with "we will do this or that without notice, and we will not make apologies".  That was intended to be smart assed, no two ways around it.

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #50 of 59

Quote:
All makers of product reserve the right to change their products. A certain component isn't available anymore, to improve them, or even to save cash etc. They are not required to give notice. AFAIK, Raz did give notice and was trying to improve the product.

I wouldn't use this thread as anything. The OP accused someone of faking their own phone! The OP said he is happy with the sound of his IEM! This thread is pretty much to do about nothing if you ask me.

I don't think anyone's suggesting otherwise.  As consumer's, it's also our right to expose these revisions (be they good or bad) and present our comments on them.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #51 of 59

Quote:
I know I certainly won't be buying or recommending any of their products in the future, and will actually use this thread and those comments as a cautionary example.

That's fine, one less person to order the HM5 and other amazing products they make, your loss. Also Raz made it quite clear changes were going to be made here, which the OP indeed saw. I highly doubt Raz wouldn't update the site either since he's a man who knows business, I don't care to look for it though since I think this "problem" is incredibly trivial.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #53 of 59

Quote:
Off topic (but this topic sucks anyway), I just got my betas and the channels are imbalanced.

Return/exchange time or is there something you can do about it (permanent solution?)

Contact them, that's not normal and they should have no problem fixing it. Make sure though the problem is the headphones, not your source.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #54 of 59

Quote:
Quote:

Certainly Garcsa's approach hasn't been the most tactful and he's a little too emotional/invested, but that is not an uncommon response for customers who feel they've been wronged.  As the consumer though, it is absolutely "OK" for him to present his evidence, thoughts, and opinions on what he feels could be a bit of a bait and switch.   A reputable company and representative would be polite and respectful even to the most irate individual.  I'm sure you've heard the old adage the customer is always right.  There aren't too many ways to interpret BW response IMO.  It was clearly intended to be a bit of a rude jab with an undeniable air of condescension, arrogance, and entitlement--otherwise it would have stopped after the brief explanation of the what/why.  There was no reason to dress it up with "we will do this or that without notice, and we will not make apologies".  That was intended to be smart assed, no two ways around it.

Have you considered that Garcsa's first language isn't English and Brainwavz' Chinese. Who knows how many translations there are here or what the true inflection of the message was? Cut some slack under these circumstances. My God some folks are sensitive.

Lets see, Customer had issue. Manufacturer changed product to correct issue to help all involved. Customer freaks for no good reason. Manufacturer explains and we've only seen what the OP has chosen to show us. Customer effectively calls him a liar. Manufacturer says nope and we wont apologize for improving our product. Customer thinks he deserves to be right regardless of facts because he's the customer and spent his hard earned lunch money so continues to make a stink.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #55 of 59

Quote:
Have you considered that Garcsa's first language isn't English and Brainwavz' Chinese. Who knows how many translations there are here or what the true inflection of the message was? Cut some slack under these circumstances. My God some folks are sensitive.

Lets see, Customer had issue. Manufacturer changed product to correct issue to help all involved. Customer freaks for no good reason. Manufacturer explains and we've only seen what the OP has chosen to show us. Customer effectively calls him a liar. Manufacturer says nope and we wont apologize for improving our product. Customer thinks he deserves to be right regardless of facts because he's the customer and spent his hard earned lunch money so continues to make a stink.

Raz is well versed with English AFAIK. CC guys are mainly from India (I can tell from their names).

It would be nice of a manufacturer or seller to mention if there are any revisions of the products up for sale (additionally update the pics too). Spares the confusion and doubts on consumer's part.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #56 of 59

Quote:

Yea as I mentioned a few posts back, English almost assuredly isn't Garcsa's first language.  Personally, I have no horse in this race one way or the other--don't own any BW products, never done business with MP4N, have no relationship with either entity, and had no strong opinion (which isn't necessarily the case for every posters in this thread).  I just felt compelled to comment because it didn't seem fair for everyone to be piling on Garcsa with when the base underlying idea of the OP was a perfectly valid concern (i.e. product changes fairly drastically, could stand to reason performance changed as well).    Like I said, he didn't necessarily approach it and present it in the best possible way (far from it actually), but then again, neither has BW (poor communication, failure to update product pages, snide remarks, etc...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back