Brainwavz changed the WHOLE construction of Betas! Are they make their own fakes...? Edited: "Fake Beta from MP4nation..."
Jan 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #16 of 59
They improved the durability and you're complaining. You asked, they answered. It's not exactly the same but I'm sure that doesn't exist any longer. You had to RMA the 1st pair. Did it occur to you that these changes were made to eliminate the very issues that you had? It's there private brand as you've already been told. There are no fakes possibility of available comong from mp4nation.

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 59
I don't think you understand. Brainwavz and MP4Nation are the EXACT SAME COMPANY. MP4Nation gets either gets an OEM to build these, or they build them themselves, and then sells them under the house label Brainwavz. I understand that you are surprised by the changes to production and upset that your pair broke but those are changes in response to everything that people generally complained about the original version. 

Here is a quote on this forum, from razzer01, representative of MP4 Nation:

The feedback on this thread has been quite interesting, again i am really happy to read that so many people are enjoying these but there seems to be a consensus that some parts of the build and accessories could be improved. I am working on getting the cabling changed on the next production, this will be purely an aesthetic upgrade, the cable will feel better and be a bit thicker. There will also be a carrying case to go with them, it will be the new case we have been working on, which will ultimately replace the standard round case that comes with most of our earphones. The two changes will not happen till the next production run, which is only scheduled for completion in November.

This was in a review thread for the Betas. http://www.head-fi.org/t/573033/review-brainwavz-beta-v2-sound-quality-comes-first/60

Its good that you are alerting us to changes and its a good idea to report fakes, but in this case if you did a little research you would find, as I said in my first reply, that its impossible for these to be fake because the company you bought them from is the same company that makes them. You are getting negative responses because you are making assertions and accusations about a company that most people here quite like, and you are not listening to the feedback.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #19 of 59
Yep, editet the thread title...

Quote:
I don't think you understand. Brainwavz and MP4Nation are the EXACT SAME COMPANY. MP4Nation gets either gets an OEM to build these, or they build them themselves, and then sells them under the house label Brainwavz. I understand that you are surprised by the changes to production and upset that your pair broke but those are changes in response to everything that people generally complained about the original version. 

Here is a quote on this forum, from razzer01, representative of MP4 Nation:

This was in a review thread for the Betas. http://www.head-fi.org/t/573033/review-brainwavz-beta-v2-sound-quality-comes-first/60

Its good that you are alerting us to changes and its a good idea to report fakes, but in this case if you did a little research you would find, as I said in my first reply, that its impossible for these to be fake because the company you bought them from is the same company that makes them. You are getting negative responses because you are making assertions and accusations about a company that most people here quite like, and you are not listening to the feedback.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #20 of 59

Quote:The 1st and the 2nd pairs are exactly the same, My thread
They improved the durability and you're complaining. You asked, they answered. It's not exactly the same but I'm sure that doesn't exist any longer. You had to RMA the 1st pair. Did it occur to you that these changes were made to eliminate the very issues that you had? It's there private brand as you've already been told. There are no fakes possibility of available comong from mp4nation.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #21 of 59
I see where your coming from garcsa.  Happens all the time where a company (especially ones trying to get a name and reputation out there) will ship a superior product in the initial runs only to start cutting costs with cheaper components and lower quality some time in.  I'm not sure that's what's going on here, but I certainly understand your suspicion. Based on some of the smart alecky and hateful responses your OP garnered, there are apparently there are a lot of very naive users here that take everything a company says at face value and the God's honest truth.

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #22 of 59
Wait a second here, how do we actually know that there has been improvements to them involving the new housing and whatever they changed? Again, pricing aside, I think they should first and foremost inform their customers on their website that there has been changes made to the IEMs in question. This has nothing to do with pricing, this should be standard procedure whether the IEMs cost $10 or $1000.

As for the rest of you who are negative towards TS, I don't really get it. The guy wants what he paid for, and should expect it. I don't see anything wrong with making a thread about it. But of course, maybe it's better to replace this thread with a "I want moar bass in my IEMs plz for $50 <3" thread instead...

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #24 of 59
If you read my review in-which you posted you'll see I had one of the early pairs like joker. Raz said they were planning on making the durability better. Brainwavz makes great products and I whole heartedly believe they did not make these changes to "rip" anyone off, they made them because of the increased durability. 

Believe it or not these smaller companies are constantly changing their headphones in small ways, Meelectronic, for instance, e-mailed me a while ago in-regards to a problem I had with a pair I was reviewing. They told me they were working on fixing it already so the next batch would be even better. These small companies don't have the time, and people to ensure everything will be perfect like Sony can. That's not to say they are releasing bad products, it's just that they've found ways to refine it while maintaining the price and do so for the customers. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #25 of 59

I beleive and I know, but I don't know how many time is need to change the photos on the website. A day, week, month?
About Meelec customer service - my first M9 bought 06/10 - far better than  MP4ns  - "ctrl+c  ctrl+v" answers. 
BTW I'm waiting for Raz response, here (not on my mail Raz!).
Quote:
If you read my review in-which you posted you'll see I had one of the early pairs like joker. Raz said they were planning on making the durability better. Brainwavz makes great products and I whole heartedly believe they did not make these changes to "rip" anyone off, they made them because of the increased durability. 

Believe it or not these smaller companies are constantly changing their headphones in small ways, Meelectronic, for instance, e-mailed me a while ago in-regards to a problem I had with a pair I was reviewing. They told me they were working on fixing it already so the next batch would be even better. These small companies don't have the time, and people to ensure everything will be perfect like Sony can. That's not to say they are releasing bad products, it's just that they've found ways to refine it while maintaining the price and do so for the customers. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #26 of 59

"Wait a second here, how do we actually know that there has been improvements to them involving the new housing and whatever they changed?"  Right said.
Somebody to sell the "old" ones - just to compare the sound. 
I'm not basshead ... 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Wait a second here, how do we actually know that there has been improvements to them involving the new housing and whatever they changed? Again, pricing aside, I think they should first and foremost inform their customers on their website that there has been changes made to the IEMs in question. This has nothing to do with pricing, this should be standard procedure whether the IEMs cost $10 or $1000.

As for the rest of you who are negative towards TS, I don't really get it. The guy wants what he paid for, and should expect it. I don't see anything wrong with making a thread about it. But of course, maybe it's better to replace this thread with a "I want moar bass in my IEMs plz for $50 <3" thread instead...

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #27 of 59
Hello

We improved the cable, added a mic, we switched to a L plug as they are more durable and less prone to breaking, we opted for a better faceplate as it holds better than the original and we reduced the length of the stems as people complained the originals were just too long and uncomfortable.

oh yes we also changed the packaging to reduce the amount of time it took to pack the Betas.

We will make changes to our models as we see fit in order to make them a better product, we will do this without notice.

I won't really make any apologies here as each change was for the better. The sound is the same but it is a better product.

Regards
Raz

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #29 of 59
I'm happy that my thread is ridiculous for you. You can laugh ha-ha-ha. I'm also happy that I have two ears and two eyes, and I  use them ! 
2+2=4 .. familiar ..?  Moreless your IQ number  is the same... 
Quote:
What a rediculous, sensationalist and absolutely pointless thread. And all this for a $15 headphone. I'm amazed Raz even bothers to reply. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back