Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth In Ear Monitors - Discussion Thread
Sep 21, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #61 of 85
  Better late than never 
wink_face.gif
 Good review!

Ha ha... thanks! 
smile.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #62 of 85
I read a few reviews an bought this heatphones.
Afterwards I read the whole thread!
You guys should rewrite your reviews. Whe there are several drop-outs per song than this headphones are useless.

In future I will read the while thread 
deadhorse.gif

The package had a "hygienics seal" means when I open the box I can't return them anymore. 
They will go back imediately. The third party seller (headsound) on Amazon.de seems not to take the legal obligation to take the product back in 2 weeks perion too serious. 
deadhorse.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #63 of 85
Some of us DID mention it

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13091

Cons: Comfort (personal), relatively short battery life, warm (bordering on dark) default tuning, dropouts in high traffic areas, LED hard to see

CONNECTIVITY AND BLUETOOTH PERFORMANCE

Brainwavz lists the operating range as “up to 30 feet / 10 meters”, but in reality with the iPhone 5S (using the A2DP codec), reliable connection was around 5 meters.  After that, things got pretty flakey in a hurry.  Performance may be better on other phone models – but for me anyway, the ideal is having your phone in your pocket while you’re wearing the head-set.  This is not a deal-breaker, as I’d imagine this is how most of us will operate the BLU-100 anyway.

Most of the time when I was out and about, the overall connectivity was actually pretty good.  Occasionally I’d get a bit of glitching (short drop out for a micro second), but nothing too annoying.  However when I went to my daughter’s netball tournament in the weekend, I took the BLU-100 and ended up turning them off.  The phone was in my pocket – so no issues with range.  But there was an issue with the number of people around, and (I’m guessing) the number of bluetooth enabled phones.  Drop-outs were frequent, and annoying.

So mixed feeling on stability – hopefully as Bluetooth gets better these sort of incidents will get fewer.  What I have loved though is going for a walk (exercise) in the evenings.  No cable to contend with, not a lot of people around, and pretty good connectivity.

How much research did you actually do?

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #64 of 85
Yes but this sounds pretty positive. In the thread the complaints sound much worse 
triportsad.gif

I would have tested them ... but then I would have trouble with returning them.

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #65 of 85
It was my real world experience with them. I merely reported how they were for me. Dropouts in high traffic areas was a fault. The rest of the time, they were pretty good.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #66 of 85
  Yes but this sounds pretty positive. In the thread the complaints sound much worse 
triportsad.gif

I would have tested them ... but then I would have trouble with returning them.

You did a little less research i think.

In my words it was like this
 " As I mostly say, no problems!! But not here, I have some problem with range. It reads 10 meters but its close to 4-5 meters, And once you start moving, this get bad. Frames starts to drop and once you are beyond 4 meters away, it gets worse. If a wall is in between you and your source, just forget it, it’s a no go irrespective of the distance. And sometimes bones too can interrupt streaming.
 So my advice is to keep your deice in your pocket, don’t leave it here and there while using BLU-100.
   I experienced some lag too, mostly when I play some game, its like 500ms to 1s late. Its not a bad thing but annoying as the demon screams after its already dead and my car crashes after its already crashed!! Nothing else, it’s me being slightly hard at it"

Dont read the thread next time, read reviews.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #67 of 85
http://www.head-fi.org/t/765621/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-in-ear-monitors-discussion-thread/45#post_11666311
This user in this post have very bad problems and you wrote you have the same :)
So in the end this headphones are useless when conn cation drops so many times

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #68 of 85
well i tihnk its unfair to say they are useless, clearly its not everywhere that the dropouts are an issue as its enviroment related it would seem.

have thouse that are having dropout issues tried many other things in the same enviroment at the same time? to try and work out if its speceifically these that are having a major problem or if its simpliy that more powerfull wifi signals are drowning out bluetooth so everything would have dropouts?

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #70 of 85
Still couldn't make up my mind if I should get the blu-100 or stick to my LG quadbeats 3.. Mainly using it for commuting to work.

BLU-100 will do good if you dont intend to use it from afar, if you keep your device in your pocket, its good. Blu-100 is a nice and clean sounding earphones with good battery life. It just has trouble with distance. Nothing else, some bones may interrupt but rarely.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #71 of 85

BLU-100 will do good if you dont intend to use it from afar, if you keep your device in your pocket, its good. Blu-100 is a nice and clean sounding earphones with good battery life. It just has trouble with distance. Nothing else, some bones may interrupt but rarely.

I think the battery life is just a bit short for my liking... but it has a sound that works well when commuting, very warm and punchy

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #72 of 85

I think the battery life is just a bit short for my liking... but it has a sound that works well when commuting, very warm and punchy

It gave me close to 6 hrs of music and calls with some pauses, but yeah may be a bit short on juice, still good when you look at its form factor.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #73 of 85
 It gave me close to 6 hrs of music and calls with some pauses, but yeah may be a bit short on juice, still good when you look at its form factor.

6 hours is actually very impressive compared to others whom only has 4 hours of playback. I'll get this from mp4nation later today. Glad they come with comply tips too.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #74 of 85
@brysonwong - I think you might be reading situation wrong.  I rested the blu-100 and with constant playback - it's only 4 hours (from full charge).  Read the bit in the post by @suman134which I highlighted in red.

Don't count on any more than 4 hours continuous - in my experience
http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13091

If you need longer battery time - consider the Axgio Sprint.  I have a review on that coming shortly - but there are other reviews on Head-Fi already.

Quote:

6 hours is actually very impressive compared to others whom only has 4 hours of playback. I'll get this from mp4nation later today. Glad they come with comply tips too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back